Baltimore may get more snow this weekend

read52

We got 5 inches today and they say more is coming.

Issued by The National Weather Service

Baltimore/Washington, MD

2:45 pm EST, Wed., Feb. 3, 2010

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... THIS STORM IS LIKELY TO PRODUCE 12 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IN THE WATCH AREA... WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OVER 20 INCHES.

If you are going out of Baltimore this weekend, check the weather.

We are scheduled to leave on the Pride out of Baltimore on Sunday. I'm getting nervous. Watching the weather and have made reservations for Friday & Saturday night in Baltimore. I have to decide by tomorrow at 6:00 whether we are going to risk staying at home. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive to the cruise port normally. Eeek! I hate snow!

Good that you're coming on Friday. Are you staying in the Inner Harbor area? That would be the place to be, since it's close to the port. Also, if places are open, you'll be able to walk somewhere.

Since you're not far away, you know how fickle the weather in the midatlantic region can be.

If you can get to your hotel early and have them hold your bags until check-in, that's what I would do. I would definitely plan on getting here way before rush hour. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. ;)

The weather reports are getting worse by the minute, and our first ever cruise is supposed to depart Baltimore on Sunday. We are planning on coming down from Jersey on Sunday morning. We figure it would be best to give them time to clear the roads and parking lot. :( We can't go any earlier as our "puppysitter" will not be able to arrive before then. What are the chances of a departure delay?? Pretty good I would guess. Anyone know of a good dogsled team for hire?

Well, local news is saying that Friday morning should be clear with snow/sleet beginning early Friday afternoon and snow all day on Saturday, possibly ending around 8-9pm. Everything is still speculative right now.

Sunday may work out for you, but I really have no idea about port delays. I would be prepared for one.

Not sure my dog would enjoy sledding, but that's a good thought. :D

Good luck and enjoy your first cruise. ;)

I would do what you have to do to get to Baltimore before 12 PM on Friday. The weather forecasts here are getting more severe every hour. If the ship is to leave on Sunday and we have the 2 ft of snow that they are calling for could they provision the ship?

:( I am so sad that I am missing the trip to Charlottesville to see grandson -- DD is expecting probably 28 inches of snow. She is a chemistry professor at UVA and for the first time in memory the University is closed Friday for storm. Hard to decide what to do with scheduled cruise but I hope that you get to go.

It's 12:30PM in Baltimore, snowing and 35 degrees. Per the local NBC affiliate: light snow in the afternoon, sleet and snow in the evening, possible thunder and lightning, heavy snow overnight with an accumulation of 15-22 inches.

The governor has declared a state of emergency, so the heavy artillery can be dispatched if necessary. ;)

Archived