Car Fare from Laguardia

eiger

Need some help from my faithful friends on Cruise Critic. Flying into Laguardia on Saturday and getting on the Norwegian Gem at the Port of New York. Should we take a taxi or pre-arrange for a car to pick us up at the airport (car service). How should we do this, cab or taxi and who would you suggest. Thank you everyone your help would be greatly appreciated.

Need some help from my faithful friends on Cruise Critic. Flying into Laguardia on Saturday and getting on the Norwegian Gem at the Port of New York. Should we take a taxi or pre-arrange for a car to pick us up at the airport (car service). How should we do this, cab or taxi and who would you suggest. Thank you everyone your help would be greatly appreciated.

Taxis are plentiful. There's no reason to pre-arrange for a car service unless that is your preferred mode of travel.

I hate to mention this, but is there some way you can change your travel plans at this late date to fly in on Friday and stay overnight at a hotel in Manhattan? The weather forercast suggests there is a real chance of a significant snow storm starting Friday night and continuing through Saturday. If this happens there is a the distinct possibility of your flight being cancelled or even just delayed enough that you'll miss your cruise's departure.

Thanks for your reply it is much appreciated. I messed up, we fly in a week from Saturday not this week. Hopefully snow is not in the forecast then. Any idea on taxi fare and drive time? Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply it is much appreciated. I messed up, we fly in a week from Saturday not this week. Hopefully snow is not in the forecast then. Any idea on taxi fare and drive time? Thanks again.

$30-35 toll and tip included...about 30-45 minutes...should be no traffic and an easy ride...(over the 59th street bridge there is no toll- you do not want to go by the Triboro(RFK bridge its the long way). Tell the driver you want him to take you to 21st avenue to the 59th street bridge and then across 57th street....

its about 9 miles

Archived