Whale Watching Excursion Question

BayouGirlUSA

I will be on the Golden Princess on the July 10th sailing out of Seattle. Here is my question:

Is Harv and Marv Whale Watching Excursion a private excursion or is this excursion with Harv and Marv offered through the Princess Excursions? Princess has several Whale Watching Excursions offered but didn't know if it was with Harv and Marv.

Also, how or when will I find out times for excursions? I am trying possibly to book two excursions in one port and I don't know times. How can I find the times for excursions at port?

Thanking you in advance for any information you can give!

The normal time frame is 90 to 120 days before sailing for the excursions to show up. Ours actually came a little earlier than that this last summer. I would just check every so often. At this point I would not worry that the excursions are not on the personalizer.

The tours offered through the ship's excursions are usually with Allen Marine. Their boats are bigger and hold more passengers than Harv and Marv. They are specially designed for wildlife viewing. They have a large lower cabin with big windows all around giving a great view. They also have a large open upper deck. They have flush toilets, a snack bar, and a naturalist aboard who often has interesting exhibits to pass around like whale baleen and seal skin. We have never felt crowded on them even with 100 or more other passengers.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I went to my cruise personalizer and YEP sure enough the times were there! Just point me in the right direction and I'm like a little tracking hound! LOL!

Next question:

If I want to do try and do 2 excursions at one port and its cutting it close in time will the personalizer let me pre-reserve it? Is it better for me to wait to book the 2 in 1 day excursion on the boat and they will tell me if that would be a good or bad thing? Remember, be gentle, I'm a cruise newbie....LOL!

Last year I booked 2 excursions in every port. The rule of thumb is 1 hour between tours. Most tours require check in 30 minutes before start time, but some tours can be arranged where the first vendor can drop you off directly to the second. I went to Glacier Gardens and Mendenhall Glacier, & was picked up there by the whale watch company. Juneau whale watch vendors will drop off at flightseeing vendors, you just have to ask.

Archived