Bermuda & Cell Phones

Sorry if this has been answered before but do Verizon service cell phones work in Bermuda. The last time I was in Bermuda(1999) I had AT & T and it did not work. I would like to be able to stay in touch with home . Thanks for your help.

Celebrity Meridian 7/90
Premier SeaBreeze 6/99
Celebrity Horizon 7/00
NCL Sea 6/01
NCL Sea 6/02
NCL Dawn 6/03
RCCL Serenade of the Seas 9/03
NCL Dawn 2/04

I have Cellular One service and it worked two weeks ago in Bermuda. Sorry I can't help you with Verizon...but if it does work, plan to spend a fortune on those calls! You will be better off buying a calling card when you get to Bermuda and using the pay phones at the dock.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luna'sMom:
Sorry if this has been answered before but do Verizon service cell phones work in Bermuda. The last time I was in Bermuda(1999) I had AT & T and it did not work. I would like to be able to stay in touch with home . Thanks for your help.

Celebrity Meridian 7/90
Premier SeaBreeze 6/99
Celebrity Horizon 7/00
NCL Sea 6/01
NCL Sea 6/02
NCL Dawn 6/03
NCL Dawn 2/04<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Verizon cell phones DO NOT work on Bermuda. We used a calling card.

If you have an international plan (with any provider) it will work but I can't imagine the extra cost is worth it just for a week or so. Also, like cruisingirls mentioned, the cost will knock you out.
The calling cards suggestions are a good bet.

We had both Verizon and AT &T phones with us. Unforunately, they use a difference system then we do some they do not work. Recommend that you buy a calling card and use one of the phones just off the dock.

norm

Did you buy the calling cards in Bermuda or did you buy them before you went?

Celebrity Meridian 7/90
Premier SeaBreeze 6/99
Celebrity Horizon 7/00
NCL Sea 6/01
NCL Sea 6/02
NCL Dawn 6/03
NCL Dawn 2/04

I bought them in Bermuda. They sell them right at the dock. I don't believe that cards purchased in the US will work in Bermuda. HOWEVER, if you do not use all the time on your card while in Bermuda-their cards will work in the US and Canada.

I have verizon service and to my surprise the phone DID work in Bermuda.I went back in April and had no problem using the cell phone.Quite a pleasant surprise since last year I went with an AT&T phone and it did not work.
Also I made 3-4 phones calls while there for an average of 5 mins each and it cost me $10.00 in roaming charges.
Good Luck

Carol [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived