Famous Homes/Hideaways or Cocktails with the Rich/Famous?

Cruzinnana47

One thing that Bermuda prides itself on is the fact that celebrities can go there, and no one makes a big deal about it. That's why people like Micheal Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones live there - privacy.

The whole country is very very small, so there isn't really any place to "hide", but I wouldn't expect to go out searching for these celebrities, and in fact, I'd vote against it.

One thing that Bermuda prides itself on is the fact that celebrities can go there, and no one makes a big deal about it. That's why people like Micheal Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones live there - privacy.

The whole country is very very small, so there isn't really any place to "hide", but I wouldn't expect to go out searching for these celebrities, and in fact, I'd vote against it.

Famous Homes and Hideaways is an excursion by boat and all they do it point out where someone lives. It's hardly an invasion of their privacy from such a distance.;):)

I did this last summer with some friends and it's more "so-and-so used to live here" and semi interesting stories about the property. Good sightseeing, but that's about it. Cath and Mike (we're on first names like that) don't live here anymore and you can't really see the house that good. My favorite was the pointing out of a house that an ex-US president once owned, but never set foot in! It was kind of embarrassing.

We "do" Bermuda usually the beginning of May, (2 Princess, 3 NCL, going NCL out of NY this May 9th). The country is so small,the three (?) days you are there will be almost! enough to enjoy everything there is to see or do. We never took a cruiseline tour all these times ,because with the most excellent public transportation system and a $20. pass for 2 days you can get on the bus, the ferry to all the places the tours take you, but you don't have to get herded in a bus at 8:15 am, when you just finished your coffee upstairs.

You may want to check out the Tripadvisor forum on Bermuda, there are many experts there to give you further advise.

I posted the original inquiry as we have an aunt sailing with us in May on the Spirit who has mobility issues. She "loves" learning about celebs, etc., and I wondered if perhaps these excursions may be doable for her, and/or if they are worth the $.

Personally, DH and I are fine doing things on our own. I'll do more research and see what are good choices for "auntie".

Thanks for the responses.

I posted the original inquiry as we have an aunt sailing with us in May on the Spirit who has mobility issues. She "loves" learning about celebs' date=' etc., and I wondered if perhaps these excursions may be doable for her, and/or if they are worth the $.

Personally, DH and I are fine doing things on our own. I'll do more research and see what are good choices for "auntie".

Thanks for the responses.[/quote']

You may want to consider a taxi tour. The drivers who are sanctioned as tour guides have a blue flag on the cab. They are very knowledgeable and love to share eveyrthing they know about the island. If you tell them what you're interested in they will oblige. They run $35-40 an hour plus tip but that's per cab not per person so if all 3 of you would go, it's ends up being reasonable. Just something else to consider.:)

We have a person tentatively booked for the first day (taxi) but do you think it is worth it seeing these homes from the water?

You might get a better look at them from the water since being "on the water" is prime real estate and you can't get close to them on land. But, the boat isn't going to be pulling up to the people's boat slip for a closer look.:D A number of years ago, I went out on a sailboat and we were taken all round not necessarily to see anyone's home but they were pointed out if we passed any. Usually, it was "see that yellow house up to the left beside the blue one, that's so and so's house."

In the end, does it really matter WHO lives where? Take the excursion but look at it as just sightseeing to enjoy being on the water, taking in the beautiful scenery and not expecting something extra from the advertising hype of the cruise line.;)

Whether or not you see too many "famous homes", it will be a very pleasant and beautiful tour. Bermuda's harbors and coves are lovely to see from the water, and you will get close enough to the shore to see many lovely views..

4989_91867100757_506630757_1911771_2788876_n.jpg

n506630757_1064159_9712.jpg

n506630757_1064154_8229.jpg

n506630757_1064157_9116.jpg

4989_91867090757_506630757_1911769_7834123_n.jpg

Archived