Teen Shore Excursions

CrazyMums

We'll be going 2/20 on the Valor with my 13 year old son and I was wondering if anyone has had recent experience with the teen shore excursions they now offer. We went last year on the Glory and there weren't enough kids to get an excursion together. This year is vacation week for most of the country (except us) and I'm hoping they'll be excursions set up. Can these be booked ahead or is it all done on the first night? Are the kids pretty well supevised? This will be his 6th cruise so he's quite comfortable aboard ship and always runs into a counselor who remembers him from the year before. Any thoughts appreciated. ~~~~~~~~ Linda

Starting Feb 12th you can book your excursions online. If this is something you are really interested in I would check the site to see if they have them listed. AS you said - there should be alot of kids on this sailing - so chances are they will have alot going. I think it's better to be safe than sorry. If it gets canceled due to lack of involvement then nothing is lost (you will get credit).

Teen excursions are something that Carnival announced sometime last year, I think, but I've never heard of anyone that has actually sent their kids on one. They are supposed to be supervised by the Camp Carnival counselors and "voted" on by the teens; also, they are supposed to be provided at a discounted rate. You are not able to reserve them on-line for these reasons. That being said, I'm still waiting for somebody to post that actually has had an experience with the teen excursions ON the ship. I've posted several times, as have others, with no response. :confused:

If there aren't any responses before my 2/20 cruise on the Valor, I'll let you know when we get back how it went. We plan on booking two "family" excursions on-line but with 4 ports, I had hoped he could go on excursions at the other two ports with the Camp. Last year on the Glory (Feb. 21), they mentioned it at the meeting the first night but there were very few teens on that cruise and no trips were planned. They did have their own "lounge" on the Glory (and the Valor too) which was a big plus.

• 4 weeks later...

we were on the paradies 2 years ago, and our children went cave tubing in belize with the teens. They really enjoyed it and it was supervised by a cap conselor, they also did the some kind of beach excursion and went bananna boating, had a great time with that also. Great camp conselors. They were offered at a discount price for these excursions. I will try to answer any other questions also. Thank you Mich

we were on the paradies 2 years ago, and our children went cave tubing in belize with the teens. They really enjoyed it and it was supervised by a cap conselor, they also did the some kind of beach excursion and went bananna boating, had a great time with that also. Great camp conselors. They were offered at a discount price for these excursions. I will try to answer any other questions also. Thank you Mich

Thank you Mich. This definitely makes me feel better. We have a couple things planned as a family (dolphins and stingrays), but there are more active things he would like to do. My DS is 13 and "technically" is really my grandson even though I've been his "mother" since birth. The age difference makes it hard to do some of the things I know he'd like to do that I physically can't.

Last year on the Glory, they mentioned it but there were too few kids on that ship. This cruise (Feb. 20) is President's Week so I expect there to be more than enough kids. When do they find out what is offered? and do they sell out quickly for the teens? This is his 6th cruise and I think the Camp counselors are the greatest.

Archived