Allergies and signing a release

3petitgarcon

Has anyone with a family member with allergies (my DS in this case) had to sign a release concerning medical care before they've gotten on the ship?

I posted a thread on MSC and have gotten some different responses. I think in the end there may be nothing to sign but I just want to put the question out there so I won't be surprised by anything.My TA is working on it but she's not getting answers either.

Sorry for being vague. I have a thread going under MSC about allergies and a kosher diet and I got a reply from a lady who had to sign a "release" for her son with peanut allergy. She was told they could not get on the ship without signing this release. Someone else suggested I post here to look for some answers.

Kitty, with your reply you actually gave me answers. The fact you have allergies and have cruised alot and never been asked to sign a release tells me lots! That's what I'm looking for. That this is not routine policy for other cruise lines.

I am waiting to here back from the cruise line, thru my TA and from a request for special diet I sent in. I will update this with what we find out. Hoping it is not something they do routinely or we will have an interesting few weeks getting a vacation in order!

Sorry for being vague. I have a thread going under MSC about allergies and a kosher diet and I got a reply from a lady who had to sign a "release" for her son with peanut allergy. She was told they could not get on the ship without signing this release. Someone else suggested I post here to look for some answers.

Kitty, with your reply you actually gave me answers. The fact you have allergies and have cruised alot and never been asked to sign a release tells me lots! That's what I'm looking for. That this is not routine policy for other cruise lines.

I am waiting to here back from the cruise line, thru my TA and from a request for special diet I sent in. I will update this with what we find out. Hoping it is not something they do routinely or we will have an interesting few weeks getting a vacation in order!

Since a peanut allergy is deadly,, people can die in minutes from TINY speck,, cruiseline likely will not GUARANTEE a peanut free cruise ,so I bet parents have to sign a waiver saying they know the risks.. In our school if there is a kid with peanut allergy then no one in class may bring any peanut products,, in fact, some schools will ban everyone from bringing it. Peanut allegeries are scary.

We have been on NCL, Carnival and RCCL with our now 5 year old who has a severe peanut allergy. They usually have you fill out a medical from stating the allergy (or other medical problems like my son's asthma) and the treatment he usually gets (listed his epipen, asthma inhalers) as well as any special diet required.

We had no problem in any of our cruises.

I will try to find the form from the last cruise and post it.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived