Transatlantic roundtrip

XWGs

On 15th May 2010 we are embarking on our 1st Transatlantic roundtrip. What are the disembarkation arrangements when you reach New York?

This is one of my favourite trips. You arrive in Brooklyn at around 6.30am. You can leave the ship from around 8am. You have to go through immigration and must fill in the ESTA declaration and the green and customs form. Remember to put down "In Transit". The shops in Manhattan open at 10am and realistically you need to be back on board by 3.30 to 4pm. I always find a nice restaurant for lunch and then get Arecibo Cars to pick me up. Call them on 718 783-6465 and they will only charge around $30 plus tips to take you to Pier 12 which is the destination in Red Hook. You can also use them in the morning to go to Manhattan. Have a great time it is truly wonderful. Sadly I won't be with you.

We did a B2B transatlantic May 2008 for our Silver Anniversary. We got of the ship with the first wave (self-help) at 7.30am and with no luggage were through customs 10 minutes later. Directly outside we waited 5 minutes for a taxi and were in South street seaport (a short walk to Wall street...Ground zero and a lovely church i cant remember the name of) by 8.00am, then the fare was 15$ plus tip. Very easy.

Fred.

Archived