Do Early Saver rates ever drop?

OntarioTraveller

I'm cruising with a group of family and friends, we booked es and about a month ago we got 2 reductions. first was the senior discount then the very next day there was a price drop. so now I have an obc totaling $80.00. Since then the price for interior rooms has steadily increased and as of today has more than doubled our original price.

We are looking to book a cruise for early 2011. We have never booked this far in advance.

We may want to wait until we get the flight booked (we can't book the flights this far ahead).

Do the ES rates stay constant, drop or ever go up?

I know prices drop but I'm not sure if those are the Past Guest rates, etc. that drop.

How far before sailing do you typically see the prices start to drop?

Thanks!!

I just got a rate drop on ES only about $160 but better then nothing.

We have had some great price drops! Had two price drops in one day before. :D Have had very good luck with ES. Friends waited til ES was gone on one of our cruises and ended up paying $219 pp more than we paid. :eek: We avoided their question of how much we paid every chance we got. Finally said I was watching 4 cruises and couldn't remember the final price. Just be sure to check OFTEN EACH DAY......all times of the day and night. ;)

Enjoy the drops!

Kat

OntarioTraveller - I would think so, sort of a supply and demand thing.

We booked ES a few months ago but we are 3 people in a cat 9C (only two cabins that can accomodate us), we are not anticipating any price drop - price has already gone up a bit.

Very happy for everyone else that seems to have great success with the program. We were happy with the price we paid so for us it was more about "locking in" the price than anything.

if yo uwant to go it is best to book it now. If you change your mind you can always transfer to a diffrent cruise or cancel as long as it is before the final due date on your balance. We started looking at alaska prices over a year in advance and it was $429pp we booked 9 months out and paid $719 now the prices are over $900. You jsut never know it depends on teh ship the itenarary and the time of year and still who really knows otehr then carnival

Archived