How long for a refund for using gift certs?

I booked the majesty for next week about 2 weeks ago. I had 3 100.00 gift cerrtificates I redeemed at the time of booking usinig RCL/Maritz like the back said. They were delivered a week ago and my cc still has not been refunded the 300.00. Does anyone know how long this process takes? She didnt take my serial # or info just told me to send them in. I got them thru my thank you points thru citicards if that helps

I booked the majesty for next week about 2 weeks ago. I had 3 100.00 gift cerrtificates I redeemed at the time of booking usinig RCL/Maritz like the back said. They were delivered a week ago and my cc still has not been refunded the 300.00. Does anyone know how long this process takes? She didnt take my serial # or info just told me to send them in. I got them thru my thank you points thru citicards if that helps

I hope someone posts an answer to your question soon! I'm planning on sending mine in tomorrow.

I'm a bit concerned that I may have wasted the points we've been working to accumulate for the past couple years on some worthless certificates.

I hope someone posts an answer to your question soon! I'm planning on sending mine in tomorrow.

I'm a bit concerned that I may have wasted the points we've been working to accumulate for the past couple years on some worthless certificates.

Someone has to know LOL. I just want to make sur eit is taken care of be we board. I dont know if Rcl or the Cc company is the hold up.

Have you called the Thank you Network? Maybe they would be able to tell you how long it should take to see a credit.

Did you use certified mail or some other method so you could track when they received the certificates? I'm fedexing mine this morning so I'll be able to track their receipt online.

• 1 year later...

I hope this doesn't post twice, there was a problem the first time I posted....

I am going through the same thing, and wondered if someone could tell me how long it takes for gift certiricates to be applied. I sent in my certificates 2 weeks ago. I called last week when they hadn't been applied yet, the gal told me to wait 2 weeks. Called today (at the 2 week mark), the next gal told me it takes "a really long time", and to call back in April. This is after my final payment date is due, so then the certificates would be useless to me. It is a rather large amt of money they certs are worth, and I'm really anxious to see them applied.

How long did it take for your gift certificates to be applied?

Thank you for any help!

I am also going to you citi rewards gift certificates, looking at cruises for late April. I called the Thank you network, and they said I can order them on the phone and book the cruise through them at the same time. she gave me the same price I saw on RC website. So I think I am going to do it that way. If not, am I understanding you correctly, you are paying for the cruise with your credit card, and then when you get the certificates in the mail ( I was told about three weeks) you are going to send them in to apply to your cruise, and any overpayment would be credited back to your credit card?

I actually booked the room and put the deposit on my credit card (not an RC card). I had some gift certificates already through a points reward system at work. I was supposed to mail them to RCI, and when they were received, the value of the gc would be deducted from my balance. The value of the certificates was $1000.

There were a number of restrictions, including that it was only for the cost of the cabin, and could not be used for excursions or OBC. My final payment is due 3/28. If the credit hasn't been applied by then, then I cannot use it towards this cruise.

It has been 2 weeks already and the last person I talked to said to call back in April- which will be way too late. Surely it doesn't take 2 months to process a gift certificate!!

I plan to keep calling back and checking, but it would be reassuring to know from someone elses experience how long it takes. ( these are from a company called Maritz)

Thanks

I had quite a scare using my 2 Maritz certificates. I originally booked my reservation thru a TA, sent my certs to the RCCL accounting department, and then 3 weeks later I received a letter back with my original certificates informing me that I couldn't use them for this cruise since I booked thru a TA. I thought that I had wasted my reward points on useless certificates.

However, 2 days before my final payment was due, it dawned on my that I could cancel my reservation with the TA and get 100% of my deposit back, re-book with RCCL (prices hadn't changed) and use my $200 in certs. My final payment was due in 2 days, and I mentioned that I would be sending in my 2 certs. They said once they received the certificates, they would refund my credit card for $200. So, it IS possible to get a refund from your certs after your cruise is paid in full. I would recommend having the RCCL agent document notes in your reservation that you are sending in the certs (I even gave the agent the ID# on the certs and he put those in the 'notes' as well).

It took 2-3 weeks for the refund to appear on my credit card and everything was processed as promised.

You all could avoid this problem if you used a Royal Caribbean Visa credit card. You would get double points for all purchases from Royal and one point for anything else. We have so far redeemed 3x$500 in ceetificiates which were easily applied to the cruise fare. An absolutely worry free way of saving.

Ah, that is a relief to know it worked out for you with your certificates. I will check back on my reservation in a week and maybe all we be taken care of.

I did just sign up for a RCI credit card, to try to build up some points for the next time - and possibly some OBC for this cruise. The thing with my current certficates is that I gained the points for "rewards" at my job. I could use them for other products or gift certificates, I just wanted to help pay for this cruise with them.

Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Just an update, my Martiz gift certificates have still not been applied 2 months later.

This is after specifically being told On March 9 by RC that my gc's are received and will be applied on April 16. I waited the full month for April 16, and sure enough they weren't applied. Many phone calls and a huge run around afterwards, they tell me they never received them. Why then, did they tell me they WERE in house, WOULD be applied on april 16; on which day they would credit my credit card?

If you have a choice, beware of using any Royal Caribbean gift certificates from Maritz. I've never had any problems with any other vendor's gift certificates. I should've gotten Marriott gc's instead.

Did you keep copies of the GCs that you sent in? I would fax them to RC along with the confirmation of delivery and escalate this up the chain if needed. You redeemed them, you sent them in as required, you followed up. For them to now "lose" them is unacceptable. I know you said you had tracking on them...I'd send that in to show them.

Thanks. My biggest problem was no one would help me. They just kept telling me it hadn't been long enough. Finally someone started helping me, but not until I started losing my patience and having to be more aggressive. I faxed my copies, had to wait another few days, called back and was told they would honor the faxed copies. I was told it would take 3-5 business days to show up on my card. Now though, my account shows I never paid the last $1000 of my account. Hoping this is just their "system" needing to catch up in posting the credit. It is a little disturbing that it looks like I have not made final payment after the date, but am still hopeful it will all work out.

In the end I don't know if this was all worth it. I would choose another reward than RC gift certs in the future.

Archived