Is it too early to check out shore excursions?

Freckles_51

We're sailing on the Gem (Europe) in September and have been looking at the shore excursions. I printed them out for my friend to read (she doesn't have a computer), but then I discovered that some of them that I printed out do not show up when I log in to see departure times of the excursions.

Should we assume that those not listed when I log in are not going to be available?

Already full?

Or is it just too early yet?

Will they all appear closer to the sailing date?

How soon would you book if there was an excursion you really wanted?

We're also looking at private tours, but trying to compare what is available, at what cost, and which tours we would feel comfortable with when booked privately.

Thanks

Not sure what is going on with the shore excursions you want...but I just wanted to let you know I booked my Alaska excursion about 6-7 months out, with that being said....the first time frame was sold out (they were only about 15 min. apart so I didn't care.) But it does go to show you how early an a excursion can be booked and sold out!!

Hopefully someone else can help you!

Ditto on the discrepancy between the printed info and the online info; not sure why that's happening. I'd assume the online list is the valid one, though.

If you've done your research and compared and know you definitely want a certain excursion, I'd book it now. Some really popular ones do occasionally fill up months in advance.

Archived