Storage on the Solstice Class

doktor

We are on the Eclipse back to back sailing on the 3rd of May. I have looked at the photos of the cabins, and this is what it looks like to me:

• No nights nights stand with drawers, just a couple a shallow shelf.
  • Cabinets over bed.
  • Four Draw under TV Area.
  • Bathroom appears to have some drawers and cabinet storage.

Now my questions:

1. Are there shelves in the closet ? Or will the closet flex to hanging or shelves?
  2. Is the storage over the bed usable?
  3. What is the cabinet over the refrigerator?
  4. Approximately how large is the closet?
  5. Where are the life jackets stored.
  6. How big are the drawers under the TV? How wide, deep, and high? (approximate).

Thanks for the help!

Sandy

We are on the Eclipse back to back sailing on the 3rd of May. I have looked at the photos of the cabins, and this is what it looks like to me:

• No nights nights stand with drawers, just a couple a shallow shelf.
  • Cabinets over bed.
  • Four Draw under TV Area.
  • Bathroom appears to have some drawers and cabinet storage.

Now my questions:

1. Are there shelves in the closet ? Or will the closet flex to hanging or shelves?
  2. Is the storage over the bed usable?
  3. What is the cabinet over the refrigerator?
  4. Approximately how large is the closet?
  5. Where are the life jackets stored.
  6. How big are the drawers under the TV? How wide, deep, and high? (approximate).

Thanks for the help!

Sandy

The storage is actually quite better than it looks.

There is a top shelf in the closet but it's quite narrow. On the Solstice, there is a shelf above where the safe is. The closet held everything we took and we have sailed an 11 day Med cruise and a 7 day Caribbean cruise. NO issues.

The cabinet over the fridge holds a small computer keypad that you can use to access internet from the T.V. This cabinet is actually quite large. I used it for all my hair stuff, and jewelry.

The drawers held all our socks, underwear, swimsuits. The first drawer is the smallest, at about 3 inches or so... the next 2 are a bit bigger... and the bottom two are about 8 inches deep or so? That is my best guess.

The cabinets over the bed are actually quite nice! We used them for our folded up t-shirts, and even at that we didn't use all the space. The beach towels are also stored up there.

Life jackets are under the bed in a wire basket. There is also plenty of room for 4 large suitcases and a rolling carry-on.

Oh... by the way... the bathroom is the best design at sea right now. There is so much storage that we have not needed our "over the door shoe holder thingy". It is very well designed.

Any other questions, just ask.... I am a Solstice junkie.:)

Archived