Question On Price ?????

mrbill62

The last three years we've been to NO and did a carraige ride each time. French Qtr twice and Garden District once. Picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel.

We signed up for it as a tour and it was something like $120. an hour. Worth it to us as the driver is also a private tour guide and explained, showed us a lot you wouldn't know otherwise. Oh, and I tipped $20! :eek:

There are carriages sitting in front of Jackson Square that will take you and I suppose for less. Hard to believe it's only $8 or $12 bucks unless there's a lot of people and it's a short ride. I also think those are more of a ride than a tour.

Hi, Mr. Bill - Oh noooooooooooo (Sorry, couldn't help myself) I'm sure that's the first time you've heard that! :D

I have a link below that will help. It even has coupons!!!!

http://www.neworleanscarriages.com/index.html

Rocketman is pretty close with the $120 fare as that's for the one hour tour. The half hour French Quarter tour is $60 for the tour. If you have 4 of you then it breaks down to $15 each. We usually tip $5 per person.

Have a nice dinner at Mr. B's in the French Quarter. Just walk towards St. Louis Cathedral and you'll see the horse and buggies all lined up.

Afterwards, treat yourself to cafe-au-lait and beignets at Cafe Dumonde.

Can't go wrong! ;) Enjoy New Orleans.

Jorge

Hi, Mr. Bill - Oh noooooooooooo (Sorry, couldn't help myself) I'm sure that's the first time you've heard that! :D

I have a link below that will help. It even has coupons!!!!

http://www.neworleanscarriages.com/index.html

Rocketman is pretty close with the $120 fare as that's for the one hour tour

. The half hour French Quarter tour is $60 for the tour. If you have 4 of you then it breaks down to $15 each. We usually tip $5 per person.

Have a nice dinner at Mr. B's in the French Quarter. Just walk towards St. Louis Cathedral and you'll see the horse and buggies all lined up.

Afterwards, treat yourself to cafe-au-lait and beignets at Cafe Dumonde.

Can't go wrong! ;) Enjoy New Orleans.

Jorge

Thanks for the Info.Mrbill

We were in NOLA last year and took a carriage ride. Carriages were lined up in front of Jackson square and it was easy to get a ride. Funny thing was, on Thursday all the rides were $8pp, and we thought it would be cool to do one. On Friday we went back and everyone was advertising $20pp. Finally found one in the line that was $12pp and did that one.

The driver did narrate the tour.

All in all, I'd say you're better off doing a walking tour.

Archived