Any OUTSIDE walking area?

Janespup

Hello,

I am a walker, not a jogger. Is there anyplace on the Oasis where one can "walk" a few miles outside? I am getting the impression that the Promenade Deck is strictly for jogging. Right or wrong? Thanks.

I honestly can't recall if it's labeled as simply a jogging track, or as a jogging/walking track. Most joggers don't mind if there are walkers out there, as long as they don't walk abreast of each other in a way that makes it impossible for a jogger to get around them. The track is only 2 lanes wide though, so if you're looking for a romantic stroll hand in hand with your sweetie, you might not like the deck 5 track, as you're apt to have joggers constantly asking one of you to please step aside so they can pass.

I'm a jogger and I despised the track for the reason that all the walkers on the track walked side by side and I had to run in a zig zag every lap. None the less I used it daily.

Walkers please do us a favor and use the right lane only, allowing the joggers passing on the left. I can't tell you how many times I ran very fast brushing against a door that if it would have opened, would have probably left me seeing stars for quite some time.

So yes there is room for the walkers to share with the joggers on deck 5, but please stay in your proper lane :D

I have always done my "power walks" on deck 5 anyway! I am an ex-runner with a bum knee, and very good about hanging to the right side, even though I am fast enough to pass joggers at times! They have all kinds of cute signs on the track, they NEED to have one saying "walkers single file, stay right". Lots were oblivious, and there were many non-US who didn't get it at all. Still, many, many more people were walking because of the track. I loved it. Now, for some REAL fun, try the Expresso bike up in the gym- there are 3 of them. I actually came home and bought 2....I need to sell one! Coolest thing I've ever seen...

Archived