Has anyone ever snorkeled at the San Luciano shipwreck in Manzanillo?

Tinagirl

We will be visiting Manzanillo in March as one of our ports of call on the Carnival Spirit. Has anyone ever gone snorkeling at the San Luciano shipwreck? What is the beach like there for those in our group that don't want to snorkel? Can we just show up there with our stuff and start snorkeling or should we be booking something with the "Scuba Shack" there on the beach? Any info would be helpful!

We will be visiting Manzanillo in March as one of our ports of call on the Carnival Spirit. Has anyone ever gone snorkeling at the San Luciano shipwreck? What is the beach like there for those in our group that don't want to snorkel? Can we just show up there with our stuff and start snorkeling or should we be booking something with the "Scuba Shack" there on the beach? Any info would be helpful!

I'm going to be there on the Spirit's Feb 14th sailing. I'm booking snorkeling and scuba diving with ScubaShack. Susan from the Shack says it's a 10 minute swim to the shipwreck from the beach.

She runs a 3 stop Snorkeling trip at $45 per person. Would save you a lot of swimming. http://www.gomanzanillo.com/scubamex/index.htm

I'll report back when I get home later in February.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived