Verizon cell phone service rates

Jaymee287

I have spent alot of time on the phone to get this information, I HATE HOLDING, I'm sure we all do!

Anyway heres the information I have gotten, I'm posting incase it helps anyone else, hopefully you won't get stuck on hold.

Must activate “International Dial” feature at least 1 week before leaving. There is no cost to activate this feature. You call from home Customer Service, or you can take it to your local store and have them call.

ROAMING

Roaming per minute on the ship $2.49

Roaming per minute on Grand Cayman $1.99

Roaming per minute on Cozumel $0.99

Roaming per minute on Belize $2.89

Roaming per minute on Isla Roatan $2.89

TEXTS

$0.50 to send a message

$0.05 to receive a message

$0.50 to send a picture or video message

$0.25 to receive a picture or video message

INTERNET

The internet will be expensive. $0.20 per kilobyte without the Global internet plan. You can add the Global plan for $64.99 for the month.

I was advised to turn off the internet data.

It will continue to receive your email plus if your internet gets bumped, it’ll add up quickly. Take it to your local store and ask them to enable your internet data.

I'd just add that Verizon does NOT service the Costa Maya area and we couldn't even get a signal from the ship until we got closer to Cozumel.

If you have a Verizon global phone (they have many that qualify) you won't even need to call to activate anything. It's automatic. Like you said, it's best to call to check.

HI,

I just got back from the Carnival Victory Jan 17 sailing.

I added the global data plan to my phone prior to leaving. The cost of the plan was only $20.00 more than my current national plan. (they will pro rate it) All my data usage was covered on & off the ship. It worked on every island & for the most part will on the ship. When I returned I called Verizon & switch it back to my normal plan. Everything was fully covered even while out to sea. :)

I did not use my phone to make calls. Just a few text messages.

Verizon told me they are currently the only company offering unlimited data plan with a global monthly plan.

It was well worth the extra $20.00 dollars!

Happy sailing,

Sue

We are on the same sailing on the Legend. We are on the same roll call, too. Thanks for all the great questions you have been asking - I have had many of the same and it has been really helpful to read some of the threads you have started. We are getting soooo excited!

We are getting excited as well!! I thought your name looked familiar but I was to lazy to go to the roll call lol :o

HI,

I just got back from the Carnival Victory Jan 17 sailing.

I added the global data plan to my phone prior to leaving. The cost of the plan was only $20.00 more than my current national plan. (they will pro rate it) All my data usage was covered on & off the ship. It worked on every island & for the most part will on the ship. When I returned I called Verizon & switch it back to my normal plan. Everything was fully covered even while out to sea. :)

I did not use my phone to make calls. Just a few text messages.

Verizon told me they are currently the only company offering unlimited data plan with a global monthly plan.

It was well worth the extra $20.00 dollars!

Happy sailing,

Sue

They didn't mention this. They said it would cost 65.00 to add or change something... hmmmmm might be worth another call! THANKS

They didn't mention this. They said it would cost 65.00 to add or change something... hmmmmm might be worth another call! THANKS

My normal plan is 98.00 per month. It increased to $119.00 per month but with the prorated time used it will only be about $20.00 or less.

I called prior to leaving 4 times to make sure it was true! LOL Then once I returned home I called & switched it back to my regular plan & verified everything has been covered under the data plan.

I would call them back. Good luck!

Happy Sailing,

Sue

My normal plan is 98.00 per month. It increased to $119.00 per month but with the prorated time used it will only be about $20.00 or less.

I called prior to leaving 4 times to make sure it was true! LOL Then once I returned home I called & switched it back to my regular plan & verified everything has been covered under the data plan.

I would call them back. Good luck!

Happy Sailing,

Sue

So the $20.00 more is unlimited usage? I'm not sure I'm understanding what this includes? I have a blackberry currently so I have an unlimited data plan already. Can you please explain it better, if you don't have time it's fine I'll call. I'm the same way I'll prolly call a million times!

Info emailed to me when I contacted Verizn about our upcoming cruise on Victory.

Verizon Wireless Global Services - International Rates & Dialing Instructions

Whether you are calling someone internationally or traveling globally, Verizon Wireless offers a suite of Global Services to meet your needs.

During your conversation with Verizon Wireless you asked us to email the following Global/International information to you. Dialing Instructions - The dialing instructions for your destinations can be found below. Country CodeDialing FromDialing ToInstruction 1St. Kitts and Nevis - CDMAU.S.Dial 1 then Area Code then 7-digit U.S. number1St. Kitts and Nevis - CDMALocalDial Area Code (869) then 7-digit local number1St. Kitts and Nevis - CDMAOther CountriesDial 011 then Destination Country Code then International Number1St. Kitts and Nevis - CDMACustomer ServiceDial 1 then 908-559-48991St. Kitts and Nevis - GSMU.S.Dial 1 then Area Code then 7-digit U.S. number1St. Kitts and Nevis - GSMLocalDial Area Code (869) then 7-digit local number1St. Kitts and Nevis - GSMOther CountriesDial Plus Sign then Country Code then international number1St. Kitts and Nevis - GSMCustomer ServiceDial 1 then 908-559-48991St. Thomas - CDMAU.S.Dial 1 then Area Code then 7-digit U.S. number1St. Thomas - CDMALocalDial Area Code (340) then 7-digit local number1St. Thomas - CDMAOther CountriesDial 011 then Country Code then international number1St. Thomas - CDMACustomer ServiceDial 1 then 908-589-4899599St. Maarten - CDMAU.S.Dial 001 or 002 then 1 then ten digit U.S. number 599St. Maarten - CDMALocalDial local number599St. Maarten - CDMAOther CountriesDial 001 or 002 then 1 then international number599St. Maarten - CDMACustomer ServiceDial 001 or 002 then 908-559-4899599St. Maarten - GSMU.S.Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number599St. Maarten - GSMLocalDial local number599St. Maarten - GSMOther CountriesDial Plus Sign then Country Code then international number599St. Maarten - GSMCustomer ServiceDial Plus Sign then 1 then 908-559-4899590St. Martin - GSMU.S.Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number590St. Martin - GSMLocalDial local number590St. Martin - GSMOther CountriesDial Plus Sign then Country Code then international number590St. Martin - GSMCustomer ServiceDial Plus Sign then 1 then 908-559-48991St. Lucia - GSMU.S.Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number1St. Lucia - GSMLocalDial local number1St. Lucia - GSMOther CountriesDial Plus Sign then Country Code then international number1St. Lucia - GSMCustomer ServiceDial Plus Sign then 1 then 908-559-48991Dominica - GSMU.S.Dial 1 then Area Code then 7-digit U.S. number1Dominica - GSMLocalDial Area Code (767) then 7-digit local number1Dominica - GSMOther CountriesDial Plus Sign then Country Code then international number1Dominica - GSMCustomer ServiceDial 1 then 908-559-4899

Carnival VictoryU.S.Dial 011 then 1 then Number

Carnival VictoryOther CountriesDial 011 then Country Code then Number

Carnival VictoryCustomer ServiceDial 011 then 1 then 908-559-4899

• Your device may include Assisted Dialing*. Please refer to your device manual for details.
  • To check your Voice Mail, use the “From the Destination to the US” instructions and call your mobile number.
  • Global Support Team is available 24/7.
  • Please see VZW International Services – Outside the U.S. for additional destinations.

International Calling Rates DestinationStandard Rate

per min$4.99 Global Value Rate

per minRate per Message (Send)Rate per Message (Receive) St. Kitts and Nevis$1.99N/A$0.50$0.05St. Thomas$1.99N/A$0.20$0.20St. Maarten$1.99N/A$0.50$0.05St. Martin$2.89$2.29$0.50$0.05St. Lucia$1.99N/A$0.50$0.05Dominica$2.89$2.29$0.50$0.05Carnival Victory$2.49N/A$0.50$0.05

I have spent alot of time on the phone to get this information, I HATE HOLDING, I'm sure we all do!

Anyway heres the information I have gotten, I'm posting incase it helps anyone else, hopefully you won't get stuck on hold.

Must activate “International Dial” feature at least 1 week before leaving. There is no cost to activate this feature. You call from home Customer Service, or you can take it to your local store and have them call.

ROAMING

Roaming per minute on the ship $2.49

Roaming per minute on Grand Cayman $1.99

Roaming per minute on Cozumel $0.99

Roaming per minute on Belize $2.89

Roaming per minute on Isla Roatan $2.89

TEXTS

$0.50 to send a message

$0.05 to receive a message

$0.50 to send a picture or video message

$0.25 to receive a picture or video message

INTERNET

The internet will be expensive. $0.20 per kilobyte without the Global internet plan. You can add the Global plan for $64.99 for the month.

I was advised to turn off the internet data.

It will continue to receive your email plus if your internet gets bumped, it’ll add up quickly. Take it to your local store and ask them to enable your internet data.

This is not correct. We sailed in the beginning of December and I made the change in my stateroom right after I boarded.

thank you very much for the info regarding verizon and these ports. i was at the verizon store yesterday with my crackberry and was told pretty much the same info you were. my only concern is that they did NOT mention a thing about "global" service. i am certainly going to check back on the pro rated upgrade of the "unlimited" data service. The last thing i want to do on my vacation is be bothered with checking my email, but i am afraid that i might succomb to temptation once or twice. I will let you all know what they tell me.

Great info..I posted last year while on my cruise, I did not even use my cell phone had it on the whole cruise and was hit with an astronomical bill!!! Unless they have changed since last year even if your not making calls or texting you will get billed just for having it on :eek:

hi,

I'm the one who added the global data plan last month to my blackberry. I just wanted to say that I received my bill & it worked. It was about $20.00 more than my normal rate...

Call or go online & see what the global data plan would cost. Keep in mind you need it prorated not for the whole month.

hi,

I'm the one who added the global data plan last month to my blackberry. I just wanted to say that I received my bill & it worked. It was about $20.00 more than my normal rate...

Call or go online & see what the global data plan would cost. Keep in mind you need it prorated not for the whole month.

Is this unlimited for everything? Internet, phone calls, texts all that stuff? What does it include my bill is usually 59.00 but I'm on a family plan. I guess I'll just have to write down the info you have given me and show them. They should know what you mean! lol

Is this unlimited for everything? Internet, phone calls, texts all that stuff? What does it include my bill is usually 59.00 but I'm on a family plan. I guess I'll just have to write down the info you have given me and show them. They should know what you mean! lol

Give them a call. I called twice before I went to Europe Med cruise and they were exceptionally nice to explain the plans and go over them in detail. I took notes and knew exactly what to do and what to expect.

hi,

What all did you use your phone for? (Text, pics, Calls??)

Hi,

Ok... just got my bill for the "Global Plan". I added only the Global Data plan on my Blackberry. It was for all unlimited data (email & internet usage). The plan itself is like 89.00 per month extra. However, it was pro-rated for only the time I used it approx 15 days. My bill was $21.00 extra. All my calls made from Puerto Rico were free & included in my normal plan. My plan is usually around $111.00 this bill was $132.00.

The bill itself is was confusing. Showing a charges & refunds on the monthly totals. That was because I changed it mid-cycle & they prorated it out.

I'm thrilled that I was able to use my data service & check email & facebook.

Btw- no phone calls made or received once I left San Juan, PR.

Well worth it!!

Hope this answers your questions!

Archived