Do other passengers look at you funny when you....

MaiTaiMary

I plan to take food pics on the ship. Ive begun to take food pics now! And I take feet pics when I travel. where my feet have trod. Im hooked on this other site called trip advisor so when I go somewhere now I take pics to post there too!

PLUS, just a thought, you can remember what you liked best,and what you didnt like!;)

Best food pic ever

Check out that action shot! It was some kind of soup. Can't rmember which. And when they brought out the bowl, I thought what was in the bowl was all they were serving. I thought it was funny--such a small something in the bowl. So I started to snap a pic of it. When he started pouring right after I started to snap. Otherwise, I never could catch an action shot with this camera. You know, one of those one's that has to "think" about the focus and all before it actually snaps.

IMG_0433.jpg

Picture!!! Looks like it is pouring in slow motion...I love it...been on 8 cruises and did not take food pictures until the one last year......can not wait for the 2 cruises I have planned for this year!!!! I see nothing wrong with it if you like it.....

I remember when I first joined CC and read reviews where people had taken pics of their food. I thought it was a bit bizarre. But now I just see it as something fun that they enjoy doing. I wouldn't do it, because it isn't something I choose to record. But if someone at my table wanted a picture of my plate, it wouldn't bother me.

Best food pic ever

Check out that action shot! It was some kind of soup. Can't rmember which. And when they brought out the bowl, I thought what was in the bowl was all they were serving. I thought it was funny--such a small something in the bowl. So I started to snap a pic of it. When he started pouring right after I started to snap. Otherwise, I never could catch an action shot with this camera. You know, one of those one's that has to "think" about the focus and all before it actually snaps.

IMG_0433.jpg

So cool :cool: It looks like it is floating in mid air

Taking food pictures has always been a part of "family ritual". At EVERY big family event (Christmas, Picnics, Birthdays, etc, with all the aunts, uncles & cousins) before anyone could eat, all the cameras came out to record the big spread.

Looking back, unless the date is on the picture, or there is someone to identify, most of the spreads were very similar. Aunt Virginia always brought the best homemade lasagna, Aunt Norine, the lime jello-pineapple salad, a ham or turkey, etc. Big Family Reunion this year, and once again, the before we eat, pictures will be taken. I love those memories.

When you think about it what is the one thing people always talk about after coming back from a cruise... THE FOOD!!! So snap away. One of the cruises I was on we had a friend take pictures of the place settings. They had never seen that many utensils at one time. I had to explain to them which piece of silverware to use when. It was funny. So snap away....and would you mind sending me a picture of that warm chocolate melting cake???? (It's my motivation to lose about 5-8 more lbs before we leave on our next cruise so I can eat away and still fit into my clothes.... )

It hadn't occurred to me until I saw so many food pics posted here. When we cruised with our family, I took pictures at dinner every night. Each of our kids did the same. Later that year we cruised with a group that my dh belongs to & I didn't bring my camera to the dining room. I should've because our waiter was great & was quite the performer during the dancing. As a scrapbooker, I like having the pictures of the food to complete the story of the trip. I will bring my camera to dinner all the time on cruises....just doesn't matter to me anymore what others think. My vacation, my camera, my memories. That's all that really matters.

Towanda

Ha ha ha, I take pictures of the food all the time. I managed to get a pic of each meal I ate, and skipped taking a pic if I already had the item before, as in shrimp cocktail. I even had assistance from our waiter Boris to take a photo or two!!!! *BG*

I must remember to take the pictures BEFORE I start to eat the food because a few times I dove in and after a few bites realized I didn't take it...so I took it then as proof I ate it...

[quote name='mytee4ever']It hadn't occurred to me until I saw so many food pics posted here. When we cruised with our family, I took pictures at dinner every night. Each of our kids did the same. Later that year we cruised with a group that my dh belongs to & I didn't bring my camera to the dining room. I should've because our waiter was great & was quite the performer during the dancing. As a scrapbooker, I like having the pictures of the food to complete the story of the trip. I will bring my camera to dinner all the time on cruises....just doesn't matter to me anymore what others think. My vacation, my camera, my memories. That's all that really matters.

Towanda[/quote]

I thought taking pictures of food was pretty strange then when I started thinking about it I realized we do it too. Not that our participation in an activity makes it any less strange ;o)

Never whipped out the camera in a restaurant for food photos so I probably wouldn't do it on a plane, or a ship.
But if I did I'd do it, I'd make sure it was on a setting that didn't have a flash going off in everyone's face.
It's like a lot of things, sometimes you might wanna act like you've done something before.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='mistyinca']Best food pic ever

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/mistyinca/Splendor%206%2014%2009/IMG_0433.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Wow, what a great picture. :)

Archived