Car rentals and port hotel?

tree320

I'm new to the board, but hope someone can help. OK, here's what I want to do. We have our first cruise in Nov. We want to fly in on 11-10-10 to MCO. I want a rental car to a Port Canaveral area hotel. Our Cruise leaves 11-11-10, I want my DH to drop us off at Port in the morning and take the car back to the rental office and for them to bring him back to port. Then after the cruise (11-14-10), I would like to rent a car from port to Bay Lake Tower to unload and have DH take the car to WDW car care center and have them bring him back to BLT. Then we will take the ME to the airport on 11-19-10. Is this possible? Am I asking too much? When do I start looking for car deals? And which hotels in the port area are good for a family of 5? Can we do a 2 dbl/Q bed room with 5?

Please help!

Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Hertz & Enterprise all have locations at MCO & Cape Canaveral and offer free shuttles to/from the port. I'm not sure which of those companies are located in WDW for your return trip. I would start pricing now and once you have found a price you are happy with, book it. You don't have to give a credit card or anything to reserve it & if you find a lower price later you can always cancel & rebook. Try mousesavers or rentalcarmomma for discount codes. For hotels, Residence Inn and Country Inn & Suites both sleep 5, are clean, close to the port and offer free breakfast in the morning. Ron Jons Cape Caribe Resort would also be fun for the kids, but breakfast is not included. Have fun planning!

I called around today and found that Enterprise will do MCO to the port one way, one day, with a free shuttle for $58. That is for a car that fits 5, I think she called it a standard. And for after, the cruise from port to WDW one way, one day and they will drop you off at your resort after you return the car for $82. (This is in Nov.) I hope this info can help others. Now I will just look for some coupon codes to see if I can get a better deal.

Archived