"A Selection of Cold Cuts is Always Available"

jax

Please explain this item from the menu. how is this served? Does it include assorted cheese? May one make a salad or sandwich from one's selection and if doing so is the salad dressing provided? I hated it in the Queens's Grill where the salad was served with the salad dressing already dumped on it. Yuck.

Experience has taught me that if I don't like what I'm getting I only have to ask and they will make sure I get what I want the next time. The waiters on the QM2 are blooming marvelous, once they knew how I liked something they were so on the ball with making sure that's how I got it the next time.

If you just speak to the waiters and ask for a selection of your favourite meats and cheeses I'm pretty sure they'll dish it up exactly as you would like it - minus the salad dressing.

Hubby and I requested Beef Wellington one night and et voila, a few days later they had made it speciallly for us. It really is fantastic service - you just have too let them know what you like and how you like it.

My favourite is shrimp (prawns as they're called in the UK), once they knew how much I liked shell fish they always served it up just the way I liked it and plenty of it. Try chatting up your waiter I'm sure they will be very accommodating.;)

OOOH I do so wish I could be a Grill passenger. Alas and alack, I am in "steerage" so must content myself with Britannia regular dining.Nevertheless it is still better than my microwave cuisine I normally have at home.

Still 14 weeks to go!!!!

Archived