The Infamous "Noisey" Forward Deck 7 on POA...

Hoof Hearted

I have seen a few posts about the noise from Mardi Gras Caberet Lounge and Nightclub that is heard nightly in the cabins forward on deck 7. I had allready booked cabins 7018 and 7020 before I read this information. It is now a little late to change my rooms and I am wondering if my choice was a bad one. Please if you have any experience with this paticular problem, could you please let me know just how intolerable this is. I want to know if it is just someones complaint that has overly sensitive ears, or just doesn't like music with a paticular beat, or is this gonna be a nightmare for me and my family for the entire cruise? Any information will be deeply appreciated. Thanx :confused:

We are going on Aug 7th, maybe you can fill me in when you get back. I haven't said anything to my wife yet.....:D Maybe an Ipod with romantic music might do the trick... Hope you and yours have a wonderful time... The best part of the trip is making all the plans, I really think that I am having more fun with this than my family is....:rolleyes:

One of our cruise critic members works on the ship and he verified that those cabins can be very noisy at night into the wee hours. But they have huge balconies!

Maybe there'll be a price drop and you can move up a deck at no additional charge. When you get back, if you keep deck 7, be sure to post about the noise level.

I have seen a few posts about the noise from Mardi Gras Caberet Lounge and Nightclub that is heard nightly in the cabins forward on deck 7. I had allready booked cabins 7018 and 7020 before I read this information. It is now a little late to change my rooms and I am wondering if my choice was a bad one. Please if you have any experience with this paticular problem, could you please let me know just how intolerable this is. I want to know if it is just someones complaint that has overly sensitive ears, or just doesn't like music with a paticular beat, or is this gonna be a nightmare for me and my family for the entire cruise? Any information will be deeply appreciated. Thanx :confused:

We just returned and had room 7522. Yes we did hear the sound of the music from the Mardi Gras each night, however, it was not so loud that it stopped my DW and I from getting a good night sleep. To busy during the day and we had a sound machine to help with noise control. I'm a light sleeper and I did notice it more than my wife, however, I could see where it could be real annoying to a light sleeper. Hopefully this is some help to you. Like you, I booked the room and then later realized there may be a noise problem, but I found out to late to change rooms.

DT

• 4 weeks later...
I keep hoping someone will answer, because I booked cabin 7014 for the February 27th sailing. Maybe I will just bring ear plugs in case I need them.

AZExplorer,

Aloha! How was your cruise? My family has cabins 7010, 7012 and 7014 booked for 6/25/10. How was the noise level??? I had heard there might be an issue, but when I looked into changing decks the price had gone up!:eek: I have already put ear plugs on my packing list, but I would love to hear from you or anyone else who has stayed in one of these rooms.

Mahalo! Mindy

I had 7520, the music was definitely loud, but it did not go too late as most people were in bed early. I wore ear plugs and was ok, my hubby heard it but fell asleep anyway as we were always so tired and he can slepp through a lot. A sound machine would not have covered up the noise for me.

D

• 2 weeks later...

We were in room 7014 on the February 27th Cruise. We heard a little bit of noise a couple of nights just as we were going to bed. It didn't last long and didn't keep us from getting a good nights sleep. The balcony was wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in room 7014 on the February 27th Cruise. We heard a little bit of noise a couple of nights just as we were going to bed. It didn't last long and didn't keep us from getting a good nights sleep. The balcony was wonderful.

Thanks for posting! Keeping my fingers crossed that the noise won't be too bad!:)

• 8 months later...

We just returned from the PoAm, cruising 11/20/2010 - 11/27/2010. We had cabin 7020 and it was outrageously loud. The bass was cranked up so much, that it felt you were being shelled by mortar rounds. There was no sleeping possible between 10:30 PM and about 1:30 AM, thanks to DJ Dynasty. We had earplugs and they do nothing for the vibration shaking the walls and going right through the bed. Beware! I would not book these cabins again.

• 1 month later...

We had 8020 and I could feel the vibrations from the nightclub, and hear it a little. I just put my iPod on and was usually so tired that I could then fall asleep and stay asleep. But I couldn't imagine the people in the cabins below us!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! Am I glad to know this about the noise. DH and I are booked on POA for Dec 2011 in cabin 7177. We both ALWAYS sleep with ear plugs (the kind with a plastic string to goes from one ear to the other in case it pops out while sleeping). We also down a few drinks, and then take a Tylenol PM due to body aches and being light sleepers. We usually always sleep thru the night.

Once, while on a cruise in the lower decks, we heard this loud metalic mechanical sound, thought maybe a side of the ship decided to leave or something. It was loud and metal sounding. We figured it was the "stablizers" being utilized since it was rough seas!!. Slept thru the night.

A loud vibration would be difficult to sleep thru, but we would proably adjust. We'd probably be sooo tired from the excursions and excitment of being in Hawaii, we'd fall asleep. In Dec, I'll be sure to have room fresheners with me in case there are 'smokers' on the deck to mask the smell.

So, that is what we do when we travel. Hope this helps someone. So looking forward to POA and Hawaii.

Archived