Chair hogs

JudyOh

Just got home from the Oasis and it was an awesome trip! One thing I thought you all might like to know is that they have "Pool Attendants" who walk around and pick up glasses and trash and they ALSO time empty chairs and take all the belongings off of them and put them in large plastic bags!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them doing it. Everyone was very happy to see it. Hopefully they will continue. I stopped and talked to the surpervisor one day and told him I thought it was wonderful they were finally doing something about it and also added a comment on my survey about it. Hopefully it will continue.

The ship is AWESOME!!!! They have fine tuned everything and thought things out to the fullest. It is going to be hard to go back to a "normal" sized ship!!!

I too, saw this happening on our sailing in the Solarium. :) I even "helped" the attendent by pointing out a few chairs that were empty with nothing but a magazine and towel for over an hour. The magazine owner did come looking for the magazine after another 1/2 hour of our butts in the chairs....I just told her the Pool Attendent took it away and we grabbed the chairs. :D

Alphakitty, how was the Sovereign? I noticed that you cruised on it a few years ago. It was my first cruise, oh about 20 years ago, and I'll never forget it. This was pre-internet days so when you pulled up to a pier, you were seeing your ship for the first time. I was just blown away by how big it was. Of course that wouldn't be the case today but I am sure its goreous design, artwork and furnishings have been kept up. I loved the layout fo that ship and the Grandeur, as well! I'm hoping that the Oasis will have the same WOW factor that the Sovereign had 20 years a go.

The Oasis is all WOW!!!! Just unbelievable and she was our 38th cruise, so we have been on a lot of different ships. There is just nothing out there to compare to her. You really need more than a week to discover everything.

I also saw the pool attendant timing empty chairs and taking belongings away if left for more than the 30 minute time frame. It was great to see. Many passengers assisted the pool attendants by pointing out the chair hogs items being left and they responded immediately. Children were asked to leave the adult only hot tubs as well. WONDERFUL AND FINALLY!

When I asked the pool attendant to look for a side table for me, it was within seconds he appeared with one for my drinks in the solarium.

LOVE THE OASIS!!!!!

Just got off Oasis on Saturday also---great cruise and had no trouble getting chairs---didn't see any attendants emptying chairs......Just wish they would pay more attention to children in the Solarium. We were in the pool in the solarium (basically a large hot tub with no jets, sort of like mineral spa on Voyager class ships) and there were two tweens with snorkeling masks on diving in the pool. Attendants were too involved with picking up empty glasses than checking who was in the solarium. Also saw parents with very young children in there a few times. Also many adults in the pool with drinks in glasses---one even leaning on the sign that read "no glassware in the pool"!!! Attendants ignored this also!

25dbb

Alphakitty, how was the Sovereign? I noticed that you cruised on it a few years ago. It was my first cruise, oh about 20 years ago, and I'll never forget it. This was pre-internet days so when you pulled up to a pier, you were seeing your ship for the first time. I was just blown away by how big it was. Of course that wouldn't be the case today but I am sure its goreous design, artwork and furnishings have been kept up. I loved the layout fo that ship and the Grandeur, as well! I'm hoping that the Oasis will have the same WOW factor that the Sovereign had 20 years a go.

Hi Windy :) Sovereign was a great ship...we enjoyed our cruise on her. Rooms were very tiny. I'm happy to have sailed on her before she left the fleet to go to Pulmantur.

Oh, I can bet you that Oasis will have more than the same WOW factor. You will be amazed. Oasis is huge, but doesn't feel that way once on board.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Archived