Has anyone heard from 2/5/10 Cruisers

Babs1121

a friend who is on the ship now said they started out with 20 ft seas and 50 knot winds, it progressed to 40 ft seas and 100 knot winds:eek: I think they left on time and arrived in San Juan on time as well.

a friend who is on the ship now said they started out with 20 ft seas and 50 knot winds, it progressed to 40 ft seas and 100 knot winds:eek: I think they left on time and arrived in San Juan on time as well.

Not doubting the sincerity of the reports you are getting but ...

Let's calculate this. 1 knot = 1.15 MPH. Basically you are saying the ship sailed into 115 MPH winds ! These are hurricane force winds. IMHO there is no way a RCI captain would sail his ship into such conditions, he would figure out a way to go around and avoid. I would bet it was rocky but maybe these numbers should be re-checked.

Not doubting the sincerity of the reports you are getting but ...

Let's calculate this. 1 knot = 1.15 MPH. Basically you are saying the ship sailed into 115 MPH winds ! These are hurricane force winds. IMHO there is no way a RCI captain would sail his ship into such conditions, he would figure out a way to go around and avoid. I would bet it was rocky but maybe these numbers should be re-checked.

my math isn't the best but that is way off. 50 knots is like 57.5 MPH. it is only .15 difference. Therefore for every like 6.5 knots you get an extra mile.

I'm not quite buying those numbers either. If the ship had 100 kt winds, the Captain would have to keep all people off the top deck to avoid injuries. Also...if the ship had 40 ft seas, he would slow down to make the ride better over the large waves...which would make it difficult to get to Puerto Rico on time.

Oh, thanks for the math lesson;)

math isn't my best and I guess reading isn't either.

I only read half the other post. I didn't see the part about when you said it was 100 knots. that woud make the other post of 115 mph correct. sorry about that.

Had another update from my friend. She noted that it was 120 mph winds, 40 foot seas, category 2 hurricane and they sailed through the eye. Actually arriving in San Juan today.

:eek::eek::eek:Is your friend prone to exaggeration?

Had another update from my friend. She noted that it was 120 mph winds, 40 foot seas, category 2 hurricane and they sailed through the eye. Actually arriving in San Juan today.

:eek::eek::eek:Is your friend prone to exaggeration?

Now I know the weather mainly concentrated on snow this weekend, but if there was a hurricane in January I would bet you it would have made the news! Hurricane season is June to November.

I would say a slight exaggertion here :eek:.

Hurricane season is June through November. :rolleyes:

Duh... that's what I said in my original post... Hurricane season from June to Nov. Lived in So. Fla. for years. Should know. :rolleyes:

I really hope the EY part wasn't a slap that I'm from Canada...

Second of all... DUH I was on agreeing with you on the fact there are NO hurricanes at this time of the year.

Relax.... :rolleyes:

I really hope the EY part wasn't a slap that I'm from Canada...

Second of all... DUH I was on agreeing with you on the fact there are NO hurricanes at this time of the year.

Relax.... :rolleyes:

To be honest, I wasn't sure what you meant by your first post...

I wonder what the actual wind/wave patterns were on this sailing. Guess we'll have to wait until they get back. Surely someone will post.

Archived