Bringing Alcohol on Serenade

I know there are two very different opinions on this subject and that many of you feel it is wrong to attempt to being alcohol on board, but even after looking at all of the posts and threads I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can help me with.

I see that using rum runners seems to work well for bringing alcohol on board, but I've seen many posts in regards to bringing beer on board and there does not seem to be any consistency with success. Some make it with up to a case, others have their luggage in the "bad room" with a 6-pack. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences if this is just a result of the screening being "hit or miss" or if there is some technique to get through luggage screening with beer. Any thoughts or advice would be apprciated.

Secondly, when in port, our group usualy stops at a local store and buys some beer. If we do not finish what we bought on the island, would we be able to get back on board with a few cans of beer concealed in our beach bags or will it be detected upon screening?

Thanks very much and again, I understand that many of you feel it is wrong to bring alcohol on board and the reasons for such. Try not to beat me up too much and allow us "bad" :eek: people to share some useful advice/experiences. Thanks:):).

The reason there is no consistency to the posts is that the security points are manned by humans who have different levels of concern. Have you never had a day when little things didn't bother you, and the next day, you got all bent out of shape? One day, security doesn't care about a couple cans of beer in a beach bag, next day, the same screener embarasses the hell out of someone. You don't know until you get there whether or not you're going to get away with something, and asking people here isn't going to help you with that. If you want to smuggle, do it, if you get away with it, great, if you don't, don't get mad, you knew the consequences when you started out.

PS Welcome to CC, hope you're not a troll just trying to stir the pudding.

The reason there is no consistency to the posts is that the security points are manned by humans who have different levels of concern. Have you never had a day when little things didn't bother you, and the next day, you got all bent out of shape? One day, security doesn't care about a couple cans of beer in a beach bag, next day, the same screener embarasses the hell out of someone. You don't know until you get there whether or not you're going to get away with something, and asking people here isn't going to help you with that. If you want to smuggle, do it, if you get away with it, great, if you don't, don't get mad, you knew the consequences when you started out.

PS Welcome to CC, hope you're not a troll just trying to stir the pudding.

That is the most politically correct answer that I have read in a long time.:D

No one knows for sure (if they are smuggling) whether they will get their goods or not.

And to the OP.........welcome to CC

Rick

My experience- never a problem bringing alcohol on board. I use rum runners. The 8 ouncers fit in my pocket, no problem. The 32 ouncers go fine in either checked or roll on bags especially wrapped in a towel or something dense. Water bottles with clear liquids also have been 100% effective. Water bottles make good decoys.

Never did beer, but I'm thinking you could take a 12 pack of soda and replace the soda with beer and duct tape or glue the seams.

Like one of the other posters said, it depends on the day, the screener, etc.

Good luck.

My experience- never a problem bringing alcohol on board. I use rum runners. The 8 ouncers fit in my pocket, no problem. The 32 ouncers go fine in either checked or roll on bags especially wrapped in a towel or something dense. Water bottles with clear liquids also have been 100% effective. Water bottles make good decoys.

Never did beer, but I'm thinking you could take a 12 pack of soda and replace the soda with beer and duct tape or glue the seams.

Like one of the other posters said, it depends on the day, the screener, etc.

Good luck.

Be neat when opening and use a glue gun - then put it in carry on.

Yeah I got caught trying to bring some on board in one of the ports... I'd actually forgotten it was there until I was asked about it... ended up losing it :( But I got vodka on the first day.... so it will depend on who is looking and how well they are looking for anything. It's a 50/50 chance... I enjoy a few beers though and will be planning on buying onboard for the next cruise. Not worth the chance of losing the product! *lol*

Archived