Souvenirs in Nassau

luvdale

There are tons of T-shirt shops, so you can walk around and price-compare and style-compare. A lot of shops have shot glasses, too. (I collect those, too. I recommend the Pirana Joe shop for their tall, skinny, colored ones with fish on them as one/some that you get in addition to a/some Nassau one. The pirate museum also has some good/funny shot glasses. I also collect salt and pepper shakers and found some pretty ones in one of the T-shirt shops on Bay Street on the side closer to the port - they also had some really nice coffee mugs and such, as well as some funny ones [boobs in a bikini].)

Other types of little things can be found in most of the souvenir-type shops (non-jewelry/upscale shops) as well as in the straw market and a stand or two just off the sidewalk (straw items like placemats and other souvenirs, even shark-in-a-jar, LOL, though I don't know if that would be allowed on the ship or even into the U.S. [the vendor claims it can be taken into the U.S. of course]).

There's also a nice linen shop, but they can have funky hours.

Even the drug store has some nice stuff, like beautiful calendars.

There are tons of T-shirt shops, so you can walk around and price-compare and style-compare. A lot of shops have shot glasses, too. (I collect those, too. I recommend the Pirana Joe shop for their tall, skinny, colored ones with fish on them as one/some that you get in addition to a/some Nassau one. The pirate museum also has some good/funny shot glasses. I also collect salt and pepper shakers and found some pretty ones in one of the T-shirt shops on Bay Street on the side closer to the port - they also had some really nice coffee mugs and such, as well as some funny ones [boobs in a bikini].)

Other types of little things can be found in most of the souvenir-type shops (non-jewelry/upscale shops) as well as in the straw market and a stand or two just off the sidewalk (straw items like placemats and other souvenirs, even shark-in-a-jar, LOL, though I don't know if that would be allowed on the ship or even into the U.S. [the vendor claims it can be taken into the U.S. of course]).

There's also a nice linen shop, but they can have funky hours.

Even the drug store has some nice stuff, like beautiful calendars.

I appreciate your great information. Thank you so much.

What are the Bahamas known for? Any thing we'd be crazy not to get while there? I'm thinking of handmade or things you can't really get anywhere else that might be nice keep sakes or gifts for relatives without spending a fortune?? Something other than the "usual" tee shirts, etc.

Archived