Pictures?

ashnac

What in particular are you looking for pictures of? I have pictures of Tulum, Yal-Ku lagaoon and Akumal. I think there are links in my signature to these. At the port of Calica - there is nothing of note at all. It is not a picturesque port - you need to take an excursion from there to any beaches, etc.

Pictures of pretty much anything. We are really unsure of what we want to do while we are here. My sis went on a 4 wheeler jungle ride and loved it but if I am pregnant by that point, we will not be able to do it so we are looking for anything. I am really thinking Tulum would be neat. Looks beautiful in that area. How is the beach there?

The beach is absolutely gorgeous. Most people just wade in the edges there. There aren't chairs around. It actually a little bit of a walk or a ride on a tram from the parking lot at Tulum back to the actual ruins. Once back there, there aren't restroom facilities or food/drinks. So, if you want to swim there, you need to be prepared - no place back there to change. You also want to get back there early - Tulum is known for its heat!

I really like Akumal, too. The beach there is really pretty. Our guide took us out in a boat and we snorkeled back to shore. Not many fish - it's a place to look for turtles. If I were going to take a land vacation in Mexico - Akumal would be at the top of my list.

If you're looking for an excellent guide who will plan your day the way you want it - try Edventures.

You're welcome. I love talking about our day in Calica - it is probably my favorite out of the 3 cruises I have been on. There is so little activity on the Calica boards - so few ships stop there and I think it's a shame. It is such a beautiful area with so many different things to see. I hope you have a wonderful day there and post a review when you get back. I'd love to hear what you end up doing.

I think you are an amazing person. I looked at your blog about your Belize trip. Wow thats nuts. But looking at your family and what you have been through. You could truely be an inspiration. Thanks a ton for all your information.

I was looking up more on Akumal last night. How far out do you go to see the turtles, fish and all? Stupid question I know but I seen pictures of a few sting rays you see and just wondering they arent the ones that sting or the turtles dont bite or anything right?

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been blessed with a great family and husband. Belize was crazy - but we have a pretty strong sense of humor and laugh about it a lot.

As for how far out you go - the picture above that is taken from the water was taken on the boat they take you out in. That was about how far out we went. We did see a stingray - but they are not aggressive animals and they were on the bottom. Your danger from them is stepping on their backs. If you don't step on them, they will leave you alone. I'm not really that brave of a person - but I didn't feel afraid of the turtles or rays.

I don't have time right now - but maybe later today I'll post pictures of Yal-Ku Lagoon. Before going - I really didn't care if we went to the lagoon or not. Didn't look that interesting to me. I was glad we went. So many fish and the snorkeling was really much easier for me there.

The cenote is an amazing experience also. Truly life changing for my daughters. It was the most awesome thing they had ever seen. I'll try to post pictures from there, too.

If you contact Edventures, see if it's possible to request Eddie or Ricardo. You will have a fantastic time with either of them.

Archived