Princess say "No" to extra medical baggage

jtsbusiness

We have just been told by our TA that Princess flight desk has told her that they do not allow extra hand luggage for medical equipment from the UK. All medical equipment must be stored in the 5kg hand luggage or your 23kg check in luggage, or pay extra for check in luggage even with a Drs letter.

Is this yet again another British anomoly. Ok in USA but not in UK :(

Has anybody in the UK experienced these problems?

Is there any government office in the UK that regulates disability laws (assuming there are laws concerning access)? If so I would ask this agency for information concerning the responsibility of air carriers whether scheduled or chartered by the cruise line. I have traveled british air and there was no problem or extra charge for transporting my travelscoot.

Does your flight go to the USA at all? If so, I believe the Access to the Skies regulations are in force. Must you book your flights through Princess? We have often saved significant money booking through another airline, and if it US flagged, I believe the regulations apply even for foreign flights.

If not, then you may have to pay. We take medical supplies as our carry on instead of checking when we fly whenever possible. Better to loose your clothing than your supplies!

Archived