New Carnival MasterCard

Monkeythyme

Two days ago, I got a replacement card in the mail, and the program name has been changed from Sea Miles to Fun Points. I have not read the fine print yet, but just looking over the selling points on the website, it appears the program is more flexible and more like the Royal Caribbean card. Has anyone else gotten a new card?

Thanks for the link. I searched for "card" on 20 pages before posting, and finally gave up. Do you have any idea why there are two Carnival MasterCard programs through the same bank? I quit using my Seamiles card after it took 88,000 points to get a cruise we could have bought for $458 [$229pp].

I just received my card so please tell me how the points start adding up. Do I use this card to book my cruise, obc etc etc.

Just start using it for all purchases if you want points. I believe you get double points for the cruise purchase. So, yes, use the card to book your cruise.

It's a good program if you must have a credit card; it'll take you thousands of points, though, to be able to get a decent amount refunded on your credit card bill.

I am still going to cancel the card. I have an air miles card and get more for my money that way.

Shay

yes, I like the new fun points program also however, no way will I use the card until the interest rates come down. I think when I got my card I called and the interest rate was 18%. I am never late and used my card quite a bit but refuse to use a card with that high of an iterest rate

Archived