Americans in Havana

As an American, can I legally take the Thomson cruise that spends three nights in Havana?:rolleyes:

Hi,

I don't see why not as long as you don't take any Cuban cigars back into the USA with you. :D

Do any of the U.S. cruise lines like Princess or Royal Caribbean stop there?

Berwyn

Well there you go, Cuba is a bad place and not even european cruise lines with USA owners are allowed to go there. I suppose Thomsons and anyone who cruises with them will now be banned from USA permanently for dealing with the enemy :rolleyes:

Apologies to the original poster but a lot of people over here in europe just don't understand. What is the problem with Cuba?

Hi There,

I am a Canadian and have been to Cuba twice and loved it...Americans do not vacation in Cuba as they still have an embargo with Cuba dating back to the time when Castro took over...I don't thing as an American you are legally allowed to go there...but I don't think they stamp your passports...if you get off the ship you can always say you are a Canadian lol...but just make sure it doesn't cause you a problem going back into the USA

Have been to Cuba twice - first time with Thomas Cook (day visit to Havana from Varadero) second time with Thomson and had 3days in Havana rest of hols again in Varadero. Found this city very very friendly and safe. Going on 'Dream' Feb 2011 with last night in Havana before flying back to UK. So much still to see in this city......... no need to worry the Cubans are fantastic people..........:)

Archived