Runaway Beach or Valley Church Beach?

cruzwpj

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been to Runaway , but Valley Church :

With our group of 6, it was $6 pp/each way to/from beach from the ship

There is the option to take a bus(look up that thread on here) that lots of people opt to do because its cheaper and youre with 'the locals'. We decided that the extra amount per person was worth it to take our taxi. Our driver gave us lots of info about the island on the 15 minute drive to the beach, and we felt much safer doing it that way.

Has a beach bar that was pretty popular when we were there called The Nest. It had food and drinks available. Also has washrooms.

Had umbrellas for rent for $10 each and lounge chairs for $5 each

If you like jetski's, you could rent them for $45/30 mins or $80/hr.

The water is a GORGEOUS milky blue, tons of small shells everywhere, and I even found a huge conch shell washed up on shore (i snuck it home!:eek:)

Theres lots of shade by seagrape trees, but lots of buhrs(spelling?) that are these small prickly things coming off the trees that latch onto your feet and are PAINFUL if you step on them.

22071_297973579290_501729290_322257.jpg

This beach was a lot busier than we had hoped...reviews on cc make it sound so out-of-the-way and quiet, but it was actually really busy.

22071_297973624290_501729290_322258.jpg

Overall, we enjoyed our day at Valley Church but if IN MY OPINION if you are stopping at a lot of other beach ports on your cruise, I would skip the beach here and do something different. (ziplining, trek in the rain forrest, private tour with driver)

22071_297973574290_501729290_322257.jpg

I appreciate the info on Valley Church Beach, we are doing a beach each day, I really don't have much else in mind here in Antiqua. Any suggestions, we have done zip lining and don't care to do that again. Not much on a island tour. Thanks

Archived