Airboat ride from Carnival

kimmysmom

We are looking to book the airboat excursion from Carnival. Has anyone did this? We have never been, is there seat belts on these boats. The desription states that there is a place to eat there. Do they give you time to get a drink and have something to eat.

We did it last month and had a great time! Took it to waste time until our late afternoon flight post cruise.

The guide on the bus was incredibly informative about the whole everglades ecosystem and the conservancy surrounding it. The guides at the park were great too with our airboat driver being particularly funny.

I would definitely say there was enough time to catch a bite to eat especially since we didn't want anything more than a drink. We had LOTS of time to just sit and look around.

Go and have a great time! It was well worth the (not very much) money it cost in my mind. We saw plenty of gators too, BTW! And tons of birds.

Here are a few pics for you too :)

Hannahscruisejan2010392.jpg

I imagine that will be the same size boat you would take - held our whole bus (42 pax, if memory serves me right plus our bus guide)

And here is one of the many gators we saw ...

Hannahscruisejan2010368.jpg

Have fun!! I loved this tour.

Wow, great pictures. Does these boats have seatbelt or just bench seating. I was worried if they went to fast and skidded across the water since I have a 9 year old daughter.

Every precaution is taken to ensure the safety of the passengers AND the wildlife.

I remember when I came here many many years ago and my kids wanted to "go see the wildness", I packed up gear etc and took them to a place that seemed so ''foreign'' to us

Am glad that I did for not much later in life, it was all torn down and became part of I-95.

It is pretty neat to see all the wildlife still left around and again your safety is taken into consideration - mention you are off this board, supposely they will give you a discount.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approximately how much time is actually spent on the airboat? How far is it from the cruiseport? Our excursion (NCL) stated the boat holds 15, however, from the picture above there were alot of people onboard. I'm thinking there might be different companies?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is something my DH expressed an interest in.

Approximately how much time is actually spent on the airboat? How far is it from the cruiseport? Our excursion (NCL) stated the boat holds 15, however, from the picture above there were alot of people onboard. I'm thinking there might be different companies?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is something my DH expressed an interest in.

There is information on this type of excursion on the first page - you just have to look and click on the link

Someone asked about seatbelts etc. No, there weren't any seatbelts but these boats are quite stable. And it isn't like one of those wild speed boats that skids in circles ... it does go fast at times but for the most part, it is very comfortable.

I had my teeny, tiny (40lb) 8 year old on it as well but we plunked her in between us and held her tight. I think she would have been fine even if we didn't.

I honestly don't recall how long the drive from POM to the Everglades park was but I'm guessing at 15/20 minutes. The boat ride itself was probably the same length of time. We all had a tour through another area after it and then onto food, if so desired. I'm pretty sure we finally arrived at the airport around 1PM.

It was a great tour to consider for those with later flights. We all enjoyed it!

Archived