first cruise ever on eurodam family split in two?

histrung

looking for some help...booked our first cruise and needed connecting rooms for our family of 5...one room is an sb (suite) the connecting is a va. needed one adult listed in each room. so can only one of us enjoy the Neptune lounge?...and other perks?

Thanks for any help offered!

looking for some help...booked our first cruise and needed connecting rooms for our family of 5...one room is an sb (suite) the connecting is a va. needed one adult listed in each room. so can only one of us enjoy the Neptune lounge?...and other perks?

Thanks for any help offered!

I would surmise that the Suite benefits would be for those occupying the Deluxe Verandah Suite ... likely not for the entire party.

Yes...as you know, for booking purposes, you must have one adult in each room. However, there should be no trouble once you board in rearranging who is actually assigned to which cabin, and getting keys accordingly, rearrange where room charges are billed, etc. Families do this all the time.

So I assume you'd be able to arrange for both adults to have Neptune Lounge access - none for the kids.

However, I have no idea how the issue of "double days" credited to your Mariner account for being in a suite will work in this instance.

I suggest the adult officially booked into the suite should see the concierge as soon as you embark, and ask for her help.

We did the same thing on our Oosterdam cruise a few years ago, and are doing the same thing again on our upcoming Eurodam cruise. Even though I and my daughter were listed in the suite, and my husband and my son were listed in the balcony next door, we had absolutely no problem getting the suite amenities for the two adults. When we checked in they gave us extra keys to both rooms, so we could switch them around (we still had to use our "real" key, with our picture, for getting on and off the ship, so it just meant being very careful with what key we had on us). They also tied all charges for the two cabins to one account. The concierge was familiar with our situation, and was very accomodating. Our cabin steward also knew of the situation, and opened the partition between our balconies so we could walk back and forth between the cabins without having to go out into the hall and use the key. I don't think you'll have any problems at all...this seems to happen all the time.

The only "problem" you might have, as fann1sh has mentioned, is that I believe that only the person assigned to the suite will get the double days credited to their Mariner account. It might be worth a call to HAL to find out, but I doubt there is much they can do, as I'm sure the credits are computerized based on each booking.

wow...thanks for the helpful replies! will be sure to discuss with cabin steward and concierge. having never cruised was getting quite stressed picturing my husband downgraded from me :D don't think it would have gone over well!

don't know anything about the mariner stuff...so will not worry about it.

Archived