Did I pick the wrong hotel??

PictureMom

I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn in San Juan for one night before our cruise and two nights after. We were just looking for an inexpensive hotel and have always had good luck with Hampton Inn's. I was reading another thread yesterday and the lady said stay clear of Hampton Inn in San Juan, but then never really said why. Has anyone stayed there before? I need some reassurance that I haven't made a mistake in my hotel choice. We aren't looking for anything fancy...just clean and comfortable.

I made a reservation at the Hampton Inn in San Juan for one night before our cruise and two nights after. We were just looking for an inexpensive hotel and have always had good luck with Hampton Inn's. I was reading another thread yesterday and the lady said stay clear of Hampton Inn in San Juan, but then never really said why. Has anyone stayed there before? I need some reassurance that I haven't made a mistake in my hotel choice. We aren't looking for anything fancy...just clean and comfortable.

Theres a website called www.tripadvisor.com that has reviews & current pictures that have been posted but I find reviews are very subjective so read carefully & take a cross section of the reviews. Depending on what you paid you might want to try priceline could get higher caliber hotel for less than your paying for example for 2 days after our March cruise we won Marriott Stellaris Resort for $130 & for the day before we won Courtyard By Marriot Miramar for $80 have heard others winning Carib Hilton for around $100. Hope this helps

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn(Isla Verde) I think this is the one you are referring to. It was a nice clean hotel. The pool area was nice but loud because of the airport. There are places to eat around. It is decent if you got it at a good price.

Theres a website called www.tripadvisor.com that has reviews & current pictures that have been posted but I find reviews are very subjective so read carefully & take a cross section of the reviews. Depending on what you paid you might want to try priceline could get higher caliber hotel for less than your paying for example for 2 days after our March cruise we won Marriott Stellaris Resort for $130 & for the day before we won Courtyard By Marriot Miramar for $80 have heard others winning Carib Hilton for around $100. Hope this helps

Thank you so much! I went to tripadvisor.com and read some really great reviews about the Hampton Inn in San Juan. I feel much better. We got a good price and it seems to fit what we need. I guess I'll stick with my reservation!

Thank you so much! I went to tripadvisor.com and read some really great reviews about the Hampton Inn in San Juan. I feel much better. We got a good price and it seems to fit what we need. I guess I'll stick with my reservation!

Your welcome & glad your happy hope you have a wonderfull cruise

Archived