My Cabin Was Assigned Today!!!

jcastro1202

Hi all! I just received my cabin assignment for my honeymoon onboard the Celebrity Solstice. We got cabin 6127 on the Continental deck. Anyone stayed in this room before? I was worried about getting one of the obstructed view rooms, but this one seems to be clear from any obstructions. I'm so excited about getting married and my honeymoon! Getting my cabin assigned today just adds to the excitement because I know it's only weeks away (3/21/10 sailing).

Anyone know of any "must-do's" on this cruise?

Hi all! I just received my cabin assignment for my honeymoon onboard the Celebrity Solstice. We got cabin 6127 on the Continental deck. Anyone stayed in this room before? I was worried about getting one of the obstructed view rooms, but this one seems to be clear from any obstructions. I'm so excited about getting married and my honeymoon! Getting my cabin assigned today just adds to the excitement because I know it's only weeks away (3/21/10 sailing).

Be sure and check out the sticky that says cabin information compilation. You will find it there if it is anywhere.

6127 Continental - 6 ? Port Bath

Over Theatre - can

hear the shows

Great View - No

Obstructions

Normal

When at

Sea

N/A6128 Continental - 6 2A Starboard Balcony

Can hear music

Thump from

shows - wouldn't

recommend this

one- go with

higher deck

Great View outwards -

can't see straight down

Normal No N/A

I do regular searches of our cabin number in this forum to see if anyone has put up any new info. When looking at the main celebrity forum just click search (should show up 'this forum') and then click all posts (rather than threads) as it will then show specific posts which mention your cabin. Have fun!

I don't know if you are going to St Thomas, & also how you feel about a "private tour" vs a "ships tour" but I would highly recommend Sail Winifred or something like it. You get personal attention & don't feel like part of the crowd or a bunch of cattle. I suggest that if any of the ports are new to you, that you check out the "ports of call" board. People will have suggestions & you can check them out. That's how DD & I found the Winifred & that is how DH & I found our tour in Jamaica.

Onboard the ship, I would highly recommend the specialty dining restaurant. I'm not sure which ones are on your ship, but we found Murano on the Century to be one of the highlights of our recent cruise & very much worth the extra fee.

Hmm. "Honeymoon" and "must-do's"? Aren't you supposed to be sequestered in your cabin for the whole trip? :eek: :D

jcastro1202 - Are you really going to be looking out the window (obstructed or clear view) on your honeymoon? :eek: You should have gone for the less expensive (romantic and dark) inside cabin...:) just kdding... Hope you have a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon...

jcastro1202 - Are you really going to be looking out the window (obstructed or clear view) on your honeymoon? :eek: You should have gone for the less expensive (romantic and dark) inside cabin...:) just kdding... Hope you have a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon...

LOL! My fiance and I have been together for a long time and we're leaving two little ones at home. We always travel in inside cabins because of my fear that one of the kids will fall overboard. This will be our first time alone and in a balcony so we are very much looking forward to nights sleeping with the doors open to hear the sound of the water and the wind. I just hope the neighbors don't mind the noise!:D

Congrats on the honeymoon cruise! We are celebrating 10 yrs together and also opted for a balcony for the first time. Our "must-do" is breakfast on the balcony, probably with mimosas.

Here's an idea for cabin assignments: put all us honeymooners/anniversary celebraters on the same deck and watch the noise complaints drop off!

Archived