Mini Jewel Review

kim826

Just got back from the January 31 Jewel cruise to Belize, Costa Maya and Roatan. In Belize we did cave tubing with cavetubing.com - had a fantastic time. Roatan did a private tour with Rony - very enjoyable. Did nothing in Costa Maya. As other people have been writing, cutbacks were very evident. No welcome aboard bubbly, no chocolates on the pillow. Food cutbacks were noticed in the main dining as well as specialty dining from our last NCL cruise a year ago. We thought it was outrageous that towels aren't available by the pool unless you sign them out. The only Latitude benefit we noticed was the private party as well as wine/cheese event which we didn't attend as it was at 7pm and in the midst of our dinner. No chocolate covered strawberries or canapes delivered to your stateroom anymore. On the plus side - cold soups were available daily and there were coffee makers in the cabin. It did appear that the employees were more helpful, pleasant and welcoming. Our room steward did a great job. It's hard for me to have a bad cruise (we did have a great time) but I will say that I missed the perks of the Latitudes program that we had previously received.

Hi Kim826,

We came back from a 14 night repo (NY/FL) on 11/13. We did have bubbly upon arrival, but no pillow candy, etc. at night. Nice towel animals every other night! Coffee maker in the AF cabin came in handy. Loved the free cap/expresso which I hear they have eliminated, except if you pay. supposedly, the regular coffee is better, but found it pretty good most of the time.

Our cabin was always cleaned very well and ship's maintenance was good! Loved the attitude of the crew!! Always with a nod hello and a smile :-)

Going back on 10-10-10 7 night Nassau. Need a mellow vacation.

Safe sails to you!

Archived