Need Help with the NCL Mastercard!!

trishaedge

Does anyone know how long it should take to receive your $500 certificates once you've requested them from the bank? I put in my request the first of December and am still waiting.

Also, I noticed where the Entertainment books have a $200 off coupon for NCL in the 2005 book. Have you heard of any problems with trying to use both the certificates and the Entertainment coupon for the same cruise?

We requested certificates the last week of December and received them in under 10 days. I would check into it, I've never waited more than 2 - 3 weeks to get my certificates.

On the back of the certificates it says that it cannot be combined with an upgrade certificate but can be combined with other promotional offers.

Also, I noticed where the Entertainment books have a $200 off coupon for NCL in the 2005 book. Have you heard of any problems with trying to use both the certificates and the Entertainment coupon for the same cruise?

I called NCL to find out about the Entertainment coupon. They said go talk to a travel agent. So I went into AAA and they called NCL about it. You can't use it on any discounted fares. I don't remember the exact prices, but the fare I could use the coupon for was about $1800/person, best rate for same cabin to AAA was $1000 (so using the coupon would cost me $600). Still, I found the same cabin online about $150/person less.

Does anyone know how long it should take to receive your $500 certificates once you've requested them from the bank? I put in my request the first of December and am still waiting.

I sent in my certificates priority mail on a Monday and I received an email confirmation from NCL by Friday. A week later, I had a $2,000 credit on my NCL credit card for the 4 coupons ($500 each).

The certificates covered all by $7 for a 9-day southern Caribbean cruise on the Spirit. This is for an oceanview cabin on the sixth deck and the travel insurance.

Remember, most other travel insurances will NOT insure the value of the certificates.

By the way, you need to charge almost $17,000 for each $500 certificate.

The information we have learned on this thread along with one other has been very helpful and informative. It really seems like the NCL Mastercard is the way to go for a person wanting a rewards card and wanting to sail with NCL. Our current airlines card is much more restrictive and takes more time to earn worthwhile rewards.

We are seriously thinking about applying for this card. We are just waiting for a response from NCL regarding a cruise credit transfer issue. If they respond the way "most" of their customer service reps have told us that they will, we will be applying for the card right away. Otherwise, I guess we'll need to say good bye to NCL and sail off into the sunset with another cruise line.

Hopefully we'll be roporting on these boards the value of the card. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences and the great benefits of the card.

Not sure if you have Paypal where you are, but I registered my credit card with Paypal and use them to pay utilities, web purchases, and other bills. You might want to try using them. They do not charge me for using their service.

Archived