Juneau Whale Watching Vs. Kenai

Travel_Maven

My husband and I are going to Alaska the end of June. We are doing the 6 hr. Kenai Fjords Cruise out of Seward and are looking at Harv & Marv Whale Watching in Juneau. After looking at Harv & Marv's website, on their FAQ page, they say that if you've done the Kenai Fjords Cruise "there probably isn't much more we can show you." Does anyone have any comments on this? We don't want to waste $ on whale watching in Juneau if it is not going to be any better than Kenai. (We have also seen Humpbacks on a Cruise to the Dominican Republic) Thanks!

That's one thing I disagree with on their website. Juneau has 100% certainty in seeing whales. Kenai Fjords trip not so. Kenai Fjords has a chance to see more varied wildlife than in Juneau and Kenai Fjords has a glacier viewing time that Juneau trips don't have. I would do both.

We did not go to Kenai Fjords, but we did go whale watching at Juneau and again in Sitka. We had a great time both places and saw a lot of whale activity and other wildlife in both places. I would like to do them both again. It is awe inspiring. See some of my pics of Juneau beginning with picture #33 and Sitka #84-133 at http://mbmerritt.zenfolio.com/alaskacruise

Wonderful pics and lots of good whale activity Markmid. Thanks! I think we will do the whale watching in Juneau as well as the Kenai Cruise and Prince William Sound...lots of time on the water! Any suggestions for tour companies in Juneau. Right now it looks like Orca or Harv & Marv. Thanks a bunchneverybody!

Votes here Travel Maven for Harv and Marv's! Loved their smaller boats (6 passenger with a new 12 passenger boat in 2010) and more personalized trip. Amazing, personable captains who grew up in Juneau and think of the whales as their own! Although I have seen many, many great reviews about Orca as well. I think whichever you choose you will have an excellent experience!

Archived