? OMG vacation rental in Hollywood area

bedfordmom

Has anyone ever used the OMG apartment rentals? I am looking at the Beverly Hill area penthouses on 400/401S Detroit Street. I suspect they are in the Hollywood area. Is that a safe area central to the sites? Some folks on trip advisor seemed to llike them/

Any advice much appreciated especially from the locals on the location.

Thanks

Its only for three days precruise. Some things that we want to do is to go to Universal; Santa Monica/Venice, and the usual Hollywood touristy things; Rodeo Drive. Is that area not good for that?

We will have a rental car. Lots of hotels that I have looked at were alot more for less space plus parking (though we have to pay $89 cleaning fees-so it kind of evens out). I think that the rental is a good deal for us, not so sure about the area.

Its only for three days precruise. Some things that we want to do is to go to Universal; Santa Monica/Venice, and the usual Hollywood touristy things; Rodeo Drive. Is that area not good for that?

We will have a rental car. Lots of hotels that I have looked at were alot more for less space plus parking (though we have to pay $89 cleaning fees-so it kind of evens out). I think that the rental is a good deal for us, not so sure about the area.

That side of La Brea is pretty nice with a lot of nice restaurants and very nice condos and apartments. Attractions are limited within walking distance. Close by is the La Brea Tar Pits, LACMA and the Grove. But, if you have a car you will be fine. From there it's a short trip up La Brea or La Cienega to the Sunset Strip and you can just head down Wilshire to get to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Seems fine to me if you'd like to stay there. I worked at Museum Square for 5 years. There is a very nice classy Marie Callendars right next to the Museum Square building where you can have lunch or dinner.

That side of La Brea is pretty nice with a lot of nice restaurants and very nice condos and apartments. Attractions are limited within walking distance. Close by is the La Brea Tar Pits, LACMA and the Grove. But, if you have a car you will be fine. From there it's a short trip up La Brea or La Cienega to the Sunset Strip and you can just head down Wilshire to get to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Seems fine to me if you'd like to stay there. I worked at Museum Square for 5 years. There is a very nice classy Marie Callendars right next to the Museum Square building where you can have lunch or dinner.

Thanks so much for your feedback

Has anyone ever used the OMG apartment rentals? I am looking at the Beverly Hill area penthouses on 400/401S Detroit Street. I suspect they are in the Hollywood area. Is that a safe area central to the sites? Some folks on trip advisor seemed to llike them/

Any advice much appreciated especially from the locals on the location.

Thanks

I agree with others, not a bad area. close to some good sites. The grove, take La Brea north up to Hollywood Blvd and that is where the walk of fame starts. As you go north on Le brea you pass over Melrose, Santa monica blvd, Sunset....Go to google maps, type in the address and then zoom in a bit. Then play with it and do a virtual tour of the city to get an idea where everything is. Lots of really good things to see and do. If you are going to be there at night and wnat to see a great show, go to the Groundlings theater on Melrose. This theater is a breeding ground for new comedians. It is an Improvisational Comedy. Alot of history in that theater. Rodeo drive is very short and takes five minutes ro drive through. Unless you get out and walk. I will say this. BEWARE of parking. make sure you feed the meters and heed the parking warning signs. YOU WILL GET TICKETED. If you dont, then get somewhere and buy a lotto ticket because it is your lucky day. I love LA and cant wait to move back.

Archived