kindney patients.

nita19482003

Actually it's not the cruise lines that offer dialysis cruise -- it's some specialty travel tour operators/travel agents. They provide the equipment, staff, supplies etc. on selected cruises. It's not something you can book directly with the cruise line -- you have to go through a tour operator/travel agent that specializes in this (as the tour operator is actually providing the equipment). Here is a good link to some general info and links to some of the operators

http://www.globaldialysis.com/tours.asp

It's also important to note that if the tour operator does not sell a minimum number of cabins, the cruise will be canceled, as they can't afford to operate the cruise if a certain minimum number of people don't participate. We have had a number of complaints about this, and sometimes you don't find out until maybe a month or so before the cruise that it's been canceled. You do get your money back, but if you happen to be looking forward to a cruise, well it can be very disappointing.

I know we have discussed this topic here before, so you might want to do a search on dialysis -- I can't remember if it was on the old board or on the new board.

Candy

My wife is on peritoneal dialysis. We took a cruise on HAL last August to Alaska. She had Baxter deliver the dialysis bags to the ship. This worked very well so that is one solution.

If you are on the machine; go out on the internet to "dialysisatsea" as they are the ones who provide machine dialysis on cruises. The last I knew they do HAL and several other cruise lines. Their web site will tell the future cruises they will serve.

I hope this helps.

Archived