Carnival Question

emksb

We are going on an 8-Day cruise on Carnival in May and I have a couple of questions. Here they are:

1) I know Carnival allows you to bring a bottle of wine a person, but we like to bring more(a bottle a day). We also like to bring like to bring Vodka on board( I know it is illegal,but I like to break rules:)). So I guess when question is, are they(Carnival) starting to search your bags more extensively.

2) Has Carnival done away with the free drinks on the Captain's Night?

Thanks in advance for all the answers:D

There's currently about half a dozen threads about bringing liquor on board so I'll let you take a look at those for the varying opinions.

The Captain's Reception no longer is held in a lounge and the free drinks are gone. In its place all of the bars on the Promenade Deck sell drinks at one dollar off for three hours.

The Past Guest Party still has free drinks and Carnival has added a new 'Fun Farewell Party' on the last day of the cruise. Drinks are free for one hour.

:)

1. Once more today a new thread on booze. The rule says one bottle of wine per person. No other booze is allowed. (but your already know this) And yes they are starting to enforce the rules that have been in place for a long time.

2. No more free booze at the Captains reception. $1 off for an hour or so.

The rules say one bottle of wine per person in carry on luggage only. supposedly a 750ml bottle, though we each brought a 1500ml bottle on board, and even though our bags were checked they didnt take it, this was in Miami last October.

According to some posters recently they are checking the checked baggage more and have been confiscating liquor more than before, but others claim to get theirs without problems.

On Captains night, there are no longer free drinks, but only a dollar off drink prices at the bars. There are still free drinks at the past guest party, though you cant order specific drinks, they come around on trays, wine, margaritas, mixed drinks etc, but you cant order a specific mixed drink, ie rum and coke, gin and tonic etc. There is also now a farewell party the last evening? I think, but it also has free drinks, though I didnt attend that one last October. Hope this helps.:)

Your travel agent can get you a supply of 3 or 5 bottles, depending on what you would like and how much you want to spend. Ask your TA if that interests you, at least one week prior to your cruise. You can also order booze and/ or wine through CCL's gift services yourself.

Have fun!

dk

Archived