luggage

Couple of questions

1)On previous cruises our luggage has had to be left outside our cabin at 10/11pm the night before departure.Is it the same on Thomson cruises?Can only see 8-00am for vacating the cabin in the morning

2)Previous stay/cruises we have normally arrived at the port/ship on the coach from our hotel and our luggage being delivered to our cabin..This time we have booked our hotel and cruise seperately so we will be arriving at the port by taxi.Are we responsible for lugging our luggage on board or is that taken care of by the staff at check in?

1)On previous cruises our luggage has had to be left outside our cabin at 10/11pm the night before departure.Is it the same on Thomson cruises?Can only see 8-00am for vacating the cabin in the morning

Yes it is the same on Thomson cruises....although they may say 'before you go to bed' rather than give a time.

Can't help with the 'luggage being taken on board' bit of your question.....

Yes it is the same on Thomson cruises....

Thanks jenny,kinda thought that

although they may say 'before you go to bed' rather than give a time.

Great,I go to my bed at 5-00am ;) :D

Can't help with the 'luggage being taken on board' bit of your question.....

Maybe someone else will know the script

On my last cruise I think it was 1.30am but it probably varies according to the ship and particular cruise.

What is good is on departure day they allow you to stay on the ship until you flight transfer is called and if you have a late flight you might be able to catch a quick half day excursion. Contrast this with some cruise lines who apparently boot you off asap with a 'have a nice day' which translates as 'goodbye and good riddance, we have your money so go away".

2)Previous stay/cruises we have normally arrived at the port/ship on the coach from our hotel and our luggage being delivered to our cabin..This time we have booked our hotel and cruise seperately so we will be arriving at the port by taxi.Are we responsible for lugging our luggage on board or is that taken care of by the staff at check in?

Not too sure about this because I have never arrived independantly but I imagine it is the same process. When you arrive by taxi you will "check in" at a reception desk and be given your cabin keys and labels for your luggage with your cabin number on. You are then shown to your cabin and your luggage will follow usually within a hour or so.

This is what happens when you arrive by Thomson coach so I think it will be the same ?????

What is good is on departure day they allow you to stay on the ship until you flight transfer is called and if you have a late flight you might be able to catch a quick half day excursion. Contrast this with some cruise lines who apparently boot you off asap with a 'have a nice day' which translates as 'goodbye and good riddance, we have your money so go away".

Thankfully never been on a cruise where they boot you off ASAP..Our last cruise we were the last flight so spent the best part of the day on the ship..This one we have an early flight(fingers crossed it does not change)so it`ll be breakfast and away

Luggage had to be outside the cabin before 3a.m. Sorry can't help with your other question!

Thanks

Ann

Not too sure about this because I have never arrived independantly but I imagine it is the same process. When you arrive by taxi you will "check in" at a reception desk and be given your cabin keys and labels for your luggage with your cabin number on. You are then shown to your cabin and your luggage will follow usually within a hour or so.

I thought that John that but was just looking for clarification from previous Thomson cruisers.....Expected to pick up my cabin key at reception but would have thought my luggage labels would come in the post along with flight tickets/itinerary

When we got to East Midlands airport, the staff there put our cabin labels on all the cases, also they put the security labels over the locks We didn't see the cases then until they were outside our cabin.

Yes thats the norm annie but we are not going directly to the ship from the airport as were doing a week stay on the island first thats why I would expect our cabin/luggage labels to be sent with our flight tixs so we can have our luggage labelled for when we arrive at port for our second week on the ship

Jim we are doing a stay then cruise as well 7th march when r u going we got our tickets luggage labels at back but i think thats just flight nothing to do with cruise well it dont say anything and we have prebooked cabin/ i imagine the rep will give us ours at end of the stay week.

Jim we are doing a stay then cruise as well 7th march when r u going we got our tickets luggage labels at back but i think thats just flight nothing to do with cruise well it dont say anything and we have prebooked cabin/ i imagine the rep will give us ours at end of the stay week.

mckalst

Were not away till June..Are you doing the stay and cruise as a package?We`ve booked our hotel seperately from our cruise so it mught be different.I`m not worried or anything,i`ll contact Thomson nearer the time.Just thought I would ask on here as its a hive of info

Archived