solo on the Carnival Valor

Dog Drool

I recently cruised solo on the Carnival Valor

First a little background. I am a 40ish female I border on being a hermit and tried cruising solo to try to push me out of my comfort zone. This is my first solo cruise and my first with Carnival. I have cruise with Hal and Rcl before

I flew to Miami with no difficulties I had purchased the transfers form Carnival I met the agent at the baggage claim She told me to have a seat on we would be leaving in a few minutes. After a while She tries to get the passengers into two lines one for the Valor one for the Glory Yes it was like herding cats but the agent must have been an ex drill Sargent because I thought we were going to have to sing cadences as we marched to the bus.

The bus ride was uneventful The driver reminded us to tip him Gee I thought he was paid to take us to the boat. I understood tipping the porter but not the driver.

Check-in was a little caustic no well define lines just herds of people, once I got to the counter it went smoothie. Boarding was not problem except the elevators were busy and I thought I was in better shape then I am in I hit the stairs with my backpack heading to the 10th floor I had to stop and catch my breath around 8.

I was looking forward to meeting my dinner companions I had visions of nice conversation and maybe an person to go to shore with. Carnival in their wisdom sat me at an table of 8, 3 sisters and their spouse sailing together I felt like I was crashing a family reunion The next night I change tables and ate with 2 widows from IA and a son and father in law much better.

Archived