Rhapsody Aft Cabins - Are they Available or Not?????

allyman

Help me understand this...

Many cc members told me that I should upgrade to a D1 aft cabin (instead of my booked D2) as the balconies were heaps larger for only a little bit more.

I thought this was a great suggestion so I called my aust online t/a to ask if there were any available and she said no. I left my booking and paid my deposit today.

However... another member told me he knew there were some available and I checked with an online uk t/a and they had three of them listed as available. Intrigued I checked the RC website and what do you know... they had just two of them available.

What is the true story? I am finding this incredibly frustrating. How do people normally book? Do you decide exactly which cabin you want, call the agent and get them to check availablility? I just did it online and was allocated a cabin number which I was fine with until I got wind of this whole aft cabin idea? Now I am disappointed.

As I have already changed my booking once I should probably leave well enough alone, but this is going to nag at me. Being a first time cruiser have I done it all wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can give. It's a minefield out there...

Ally.

Help me understand this...

Many cc members told me that I should upgrade to a D1 aft cabin (instead of my booked D2) as the balconies were heaps larger for only a little bit more.

I thought this was a great suggestion so I called my aust online t/a to ask if there were any available and she said no. I left my booking and paid my deposit today.

However... another member told me he knew there were some available and I checked with an online uk t/a and they had three of them listed as available. Intrigued I checked the RC website and what do you know... they had just two of them available.

What is the true story? I am finding this incredibly frustrating. How do people normally book? Do you decide exactly which cabin you want, call the agent and get them to check availablility? I just did it online and was allocated a cabin number which I was fine with until I got wind of this whole aft cabin idea? Now I am disappointed.

As I have already changed my booking once I should probably leave well enough alone, but this is going to nag at me. Being a first time cruiser have I done it all wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can give. It's a minefield out there...

Ally.

Hi Ally,

There are 5 D1 aft cabins avavilable for your sailing. If you email me at lanceandsusie at iinet dot net dot au I will give you the website that shows cabins available for most cruiselines. The RC website only shows a few cabins available for each type of category.

I usually see what cabins are available for my sailing and then give my TA a few cabins that I would be happy with. She then books the cruise for me.

I had 2 afts on Rhapsody last year and they have the biggest balconies. You would love them!

Hi Ally,

There are 5 D1 aft cabins avavilable for your sailing. If you email me at lanceandsusie at iinet dot net dot au I will give you the website that shows cabins available for most cruiselines. The RC website only shows a few cabins available for each type of category.

I usually see what cabins are available for my sailing and then give my TA a few cabins that I would be happy with. She then books the cruise for me.

I had 2 afts on Rhapsody last year and they have the biggest balconies. You would love them!

Hi susie2shoes, if I email are you able to let me know what that website is?

Ally go back to your travel agency consultant and tell them you did an online check with RCCL and there were D1 aft cabins available.....tell them you're not happy and ask for an explanation..they may not have been avail at the time your consultant checked but who knows..phone call to Sydney Head Office wouldn't take them a minute or so......let them know that's what you want and how can they fix this......

Remember this is YOUR cruise and nothing should spoil it that's preventable... Don't feel bad or feel you are a pest because you aren't ....also worth keeping in mind is next time and i bet there will be one....lol...you can book direct with RCCL here in Australia ..for our cruise next week i shopped around for the deals agents had on offer rang RCCL in Sydney and they honoured the lowest price i had found plus we got onboard credit........you are going to love the Rhapsody of the Seas ...she's our favourite....welcome to the madhouse:D:Dcheers Shiona

Hi all

I can see from Brad's pics these balconies are chalk and cheese. For an extra $183 per person, I know where I would rather be... damn!

I see from my t/a website the prices have gone up overnight for D1's by about $100 per person. The D2 has also gone up, so I guess the saving grace is I have locked myself into a price for the D2. Interestingly the interior has stayed the same.

To fill you in I cancelled my second D2 and booked an interior across the hall for my two kids. Saves $750 and saves worry about what dangers there could be on that balcony... I know I am a bit of a worrier, but I will feel more comfortable knowing the will be safely tucked away in an interior room, and it is directly across the hall.

This is one battle I think I will have to give up as it would mean cancelling both rooms and starting from scratch again. I have already paid my deposit on the D2 just yesterday. I don't know if I have the strength.

Regards

Ally

For the amount of time you actually spend in your room on a cruise... it's really nothing to worry about.

Although a giant balcony would be nice, it's not going to affect the 'expereince' of the cruise in any whatsoever.

You are so wise. What is done is done, and I am just going to not let it bother me. I am lucky to have a balcony at all.

Thanks for helping me put it in perspective.

Ally

Where oh where is the cruise fairy? hmmm?

Hey Brad if the upgrade fairy doesn't come through for you, you can come and share a glass of wine on our aft JS cabin #8588. Ah what the heck come and drink wine anyway:D:D:D:D

Alan

Archived