Gumbalimba Park

lillulu

Has anybody ever went to Gumbalimba park and did the zipline and the other things that they offer there. Do you have to be with a tour to enter this park?

Seems like it has everything you could want for a day. They have:

1. Ziplining

2. Petting with Monkeys and birds

3. A beach

4. Restaurant

5. Water activities

And plenty more. Just seems like it offers quite a lot and all in one place.

So has anyone been there?

Have you done the ziplining?

Did you pet the monkeys and birds?

Did you see the Coxen Cave?

Did you see the gardens?

And last but not least...How did you get there? Cab, tour, or some other way?

Happen to know any of the pricing? I've e-mailed but have not heard back from them yet.

This is the web sight I found them at http://www.gumbalimbapark.com

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.:)

Whelp guess I will answer myself. You can only do the park through your cruiseline. The only problem is my cruise does not offer the Ziplining. So I guess I will have to book the regular tour and see if we can do the ziplining part when we get there.

Oh well...:confused:

Not that I have done this but I believe once you pay for admission, oyu have access to it all. However I am not 100% sure of this. When I had a question of snorkel/snuba, I emailed them and they answered pretty quickly.

Thanks for the information. I will try that and see what they say. I e-mailed them but never got one back from them yet about coming on my own. So I'll try it with that approach of coming with the group from the ship.

The only problem is my cruise does not offer the Ziplining.

The cruiselines are "gunshy" when it comes to ziplining since a cruise passenger died on one last year (google zipline deaths to read more info). It is a tragic story, however, ziplining remains very popular.

Whelp guess I will answer myself. You can only do the park through your cruiseline. The only problem is my cruise does not offer the Ziplining. So I guess I will have to book the regular tour and see if we can do the ziplining part when we get there.

Oh well...:confused:

I emailed them last week and unfortunately the zipline is not open at Gumbalimba at this time. You can still do the park portion offered on the excursion list but ziplining is def out the question. Sad, I know... I was so looking forward to doing this Gumbalimba/zipline combo too!

I emailed them last week and unfortunately the zipline is not open at Gumbalimba at this time. You can still do the park portion offered on the excursion list but ziplining is def out the question. Sad, I know... I was so looking forward to doing this Gumbalimba/zipline combo too!

Well that stinks.:( Maybe they will have it ready by october. One can only wish. My sister has never done anything like this and I wanted her to be able to try it.Guess I need to keep checking around. I know there is the one quik clip across from the ships but it just didn't look as exciting.

Thanks for the info

Lulu

• 1 month later...
I emailed them about the ziplining about 2 months ago and they said we have to book through the cruiseline. Once there, they said we would have enough down time on the excursion to do the ziplining.

Hey cruise,

Let me know if they let you do the ziplining when you got there please. I would really like to do that. I hope you are still taking this excursion.Oh and if it cost extra to do. Thanks in advance :)

Have a great cruise I noticed you were leaving in 7 days. Wish it were me :(

Archived