Taking alcohol on board Destiny

ant78

Hi,I'm a first time cruiser going on the Destiny for 2 week Carribbean cruise with my daughter and 2 grandsons. We are flying from Cardiff to the Dom Rep on 28th March '10 and was wondering if we are allowed to by alocohol on the plane to take on board the Destiny. Any suggestions would be very welcome.:confused:

I think I read somewhere that if you purchase any alcohol before boarding ship they take it off you and keep it until you you dock for return home. I don't know how strict they are but this was the one factor that pursuaded us to buy the AI drinks package as we do like the odd tipple or three lol

I think I read somewhere that if you purchase any alcohol before boarding ship they take it off you and keep it until you you dock for return home. I don't know how strict they are but this was the one factor that pursuaded us to buy the AI drinks package as we do like the odd tipple or three lol

Not Thomson - it's common practice amongst many American cruise lines (including what you've bought in their own ship's duty free shops! :eek:)but Thomson are very fair in that respect. You can buy alcohol on the plane - very reasonable prices too last time we travelled, they often have offers of 2 X 1L bottles of selected spirits for about £18. Prices in the duty free on board are generally very good too - often less than on the plane (at least on Celebration - but prices and availability of brands do vary between the Thomson ships). So what with that and your AI package - you should be in for a good time - and the cruise is great too! :D Enjoy!

Thanks for your replies they have been very helpful. We arent on the AI unfortunately as we booked late and they wanted in excess of £500 and although I enjoy a tipple or 2 or 3 I still think this is expensive so I guess I will buy a couple of bottles on the plane.

Hi - We too are going on the Destiny 28th March, We did the one week cruise last year on the Destiny and they are fine, we bought spirits in St Kitt's and they knew we had them as they scan your bags, but they just let us through without question..

Have a great cruise and hope to see you on board

Archived