Do the libraries have children's books?

TupeloHoney

We're crusing with our two year old in March and he is a book addict. I'd rather not pack and bring along the 30+ books that he will want. I'm just wondering if the libraries onboard have books for kids who are around 2. We'll be on the Princess Sapphire, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Some ships have had books, some have not. On our sailing when DD was 20 mos. old (Rhapsody) the library didn't have books, so we took a few. Then we asked at AO if we could check out a couple at a time. They said sure and we just brought them back and got new ones, library style, all week. You'll want to note that we did this in spite of the fact that DD was too young for AO. They didn't have a lot of books, so not everybody could do this, but it worked for us. In fact, they acted like they'd never had anybody ask.

I was just off the carnival Pride and the "library" had maybe 300 books total and none of them were kids books.

I meant to ask at the kids camp but forgot.

We had a bunch with us already - a couple chapter books for the 6 and 9 year olds and 3 or 4 story books for my 4 year old and a couple more each that grandma brought for them. This was enough for my kids - they were either busy doing stuff or feel asleep quickly at night because they had been busy doing stuff all day.

hb5

I thought that this was an excellent question as we also have a 4 y/o that loves books. We are planning on bringing several of the softbacks (Thomas the Tank Engine and Cars) as well as a a few Thomas magazines ,we have been buying them and putting them in the special shoebox, that we'll open up on the cruiseship for dinner time treats. Small Wonderpaint books and other various treats such as new cars. If your DS is like ours he will pour over the new book all night. :-)

I thought that this was an excellent question as we also have a 4 y/o that loves books. We are planning on bringing several of the softbacks (Thomas the Tank Engine and Cars) as well as a a few Thomas magazines ,we have been buying them and putting them in the special shoebox, that we'll open up on the cruiseship for dinner time treats. Small Wonderpaint books and other various treats such as new cars. If your DS is like ours he will pour over the new book all night. :-)

What a really great idea! I just got back from my tri-annual trip to Oregon to visit DD and family, and bought five paperback Curious George books (because I got really tired of reading the same CG book over & over & over ad nauseum!) to the almost 3-year old. Also got four Little Einstein (Little Frankenstein) paperbacks, which made nap time and bed time soooooo much easier while Mom and Dad got some date time! I wasn't so creative though - I kept them in the Waldenbooks plastic bag under my bed, and doled them out as needed. Love the Surprise Shoebox idea, though!

Aside: On my flight home, I subconsciously patted and clapped and gave the thumb up for "Super Fast". How lame is that???

Archived