Debarking in San Juan, off Victory....

crusing48/51

There is an 11:10 flight home for us. Do all you seasoned cruisers think this is cutting it too close, even if we self disembark? Thanks for any opinions!

Nope, You will be in the airport if you get off the ship early due to self assist or priority debark by 9:00 am.

Thank you Kurbanfan. I have read some of your other posts, and I trust your judgement.:)

Another thing you might want to do is when you get to the airport check in at the self checking kiosk......it will save you time.....

Also cruise ship people don't have to go thru the agricultural line.......if they ask you to just tell them you are just off the ship......

Others have reported that this airport is a mess........but we didn't experience that......

I love this itinerary!!!

Good luck!

There is an 11:10 flight home for us. Do all you seasoned cruisers think this is cutting it too close, even if we self disembark? Thanks for any opinions!

i had this same flight on 24jan10 to atlanta. talk to the pursers and sweet talk them into giving you zone 1 disembark. i didnt do self disembark w/ my luggage and did carnival transfer to the air port. made it with about 30 minutes to spare. dont forget to go to the USDA inspection before you check your bags and pray the ship is on time to SJ and customs doesnt monkey anything up. good luck.

edit: i misread the time. i had the 10 am flight. you should be breezing.

Another thing you might want to do is when you get to the airport check in at the self checking kiosk......it will save you time.....

Also cruise ship people don't have to go thru the agricultural line.......if they ask you to just tell them you are just off the ship......

Others have reported that this airport is a mess........but we didn't experience that......

I love this itinerary!!!

Good luck!

Thank you for the heads up on the agriculture line. I'm reading the poster after you saying they had to go through it. It sounds like it will be easier if we don't have to do this step. Will for sure use the kiosk to check in. Thanks again. Now I need to go book that flight!

Thank you for the heads up on the agriculture line. I'm reading the poster after you saying they had to go through it. It sounds like it will be easier if we don't have to do this step. Will for sure use the kiosk to check in. Thanks again. Now I need to go book that flight!

Alot of people don't know that criuise ship passegers are exempt from this.......just show them your cruise tags on your luggage and they will wave you on:)

i had this same flight on 24jan10 to atlanta. talk to the pursers and sweet talk them into giving you zone 1 disembark. i didnt do self disembark w/ my luggage and did carnival transfer to the air port. made it with about 30 minutes to spare. dont forget to go to the USDA inspection before you check your bags and pray the ship is on time to SJ and customs doesnt monkey anything up. good luck.

edit: i misread the time. i had the 10 am flight. you should be breezing.

Thank you for the post! It eases my mind to know you made a 10 am flight. Now I feel sure I will be able to do an 11:10. I've got to go book it before the rates go up again!

Nope, You will be in the airport if you get off the ship early due to self assist or priority debark by 9:00 am.

We had an early flight and we went to the purser's desk or is it the "Guest Relations Desk", anyway, we told them we had an early flight and gave us tags and put us in group #2 to debark. Worked out great and we did carry off anyway.

The reason that we did this is that when we were getting off the Valor with self-assist it was a disaster - took forever!

We went to the pursers desk as well and received zone 2. Our flight was for 10:50 and we still ended up waiting at the gate for 40 minutes prior to boarding. After you leave the cruise terminal, go to the left, that's where the taxis are. There will be a guard at a post telling you buses to the right, taxis to the left. Have a great cruise, how I wish I were back on this ship.

the delta people sent me back to do it but i didnt say i was just off the ship. maybe thats the trick i need to know also.

Archived