Up Sale Call!!!

F22Smitty

Had the up sale call yesterday for our March 21st, Freedom, six day cruise (and this is a Spring Break Cruise).

The offer was an upgrade to a suit on the Empress deck (a few rooms from where we are currently booked) for $568 total.:eek:

I countered with $300.:D She says "sorry can't go any lower". So I say "sorry I can't go any higher, call back when you can do the $300". No call today yet.:D

They must really be scratchin for some extra coins. That $568 would pay my S&S.

OP: Are you happy with the cabin that you have and price that you paid for it? Like you said $568 would cover a lot on the S&S card plus parking and tips.

That's why I turned it down. We are happy where ever we are on the ship. We have stayed on the Empress, mid ship balcony for years, and really don't need anything more.

We would probably get lost if we changed after 17 cruises.:D

Last year on the Freedom we stayed on the Panorama deck. You don't know how long that took to get used too.:D

That's why I turned it down. We are happy where ever we are on the ship. We have stayed on the Empress, mid ship balcony for years, and really don't need anything more.

Last year on the Freedom we stayed on the Panorama deck. You don't know how long that took to get used too.:D

I have told my PVP to not call me with upsell offers. However keep me in mind if the Owners Suite comes up for a FREE upgrade. Until then I am very happy in my 1As and porthole cabins.;)

How was the Panarama deck? Im stayin on the lido deck forward on the Freedom and I've never stayed that high up or that forward. Just wondering about motion.

How was the Panarama deck? Im stayin on the lido deck forward on the Freedom and I've never stayed that high up or that forward. Just wondering about motion.

It was great. We just has the normal motion. It was neat to be on the balcony and look down at the bridge. I don't think I would abandon ship from there.

The worst motion we ever had was on the Destiny on our way to St. Croix. We were all the way forward by the observation area. I swear I went airborne in bed one night. It was like being in an airplane.:eek:

I recieved one last week for a upsell to a balcony from our oceanview was given a choice of a lot of good locations but it was an additional $360 didn't think it was for me if it was 200 or 250 maybe .They said it was a lower rate then normal by $100 but they had no room to change the offer I said thanks but not at that price.they had a lot of balconies oepn it was about 10 days ago

Had the up sale call yesterday for our March 21st, Freedom, six day cruise (and this is a Spring Break Cruise).

The offer was an upgrade to a suit on the Empress deck (a few rooms from where we are currently booked) for $568 total.:eek:

I countered with $300.:D She says "sorry can't go any lower". So I say "sorry I can't go any higher, call back when you can do the $300". No call today yet.:D

They must really be scratchin for some extra coins. That $568 would pay my S&S.

ok, I am new to all this...first of all...HI!! :) what is up sale call? My daughter and i cruised last summer and are booked this summer as well....what are some of the 'secrets' :) thnx!!!

ok, I am new to all this...first of all...HI!! :) what is up sale call? My daughter and i cruised last summer and are booked this summer as well....what are some of the 'secrets' :) thnx!!!

There really is no secret. When they have empty expensive cabins left, they will call and try to sell them for a discount. Dont hold your breath waiting for the call, people with dozens of cruises have never received the call.

We are currently in an OV Riviera. With resident discounts I could upgrade to either an OS or JS for about $1000 for the 3 of us. I am torn, although it is a lot of money. I am not sure that even if we got an upsell call that it would be cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts?

when they first started the upsell calls the deals were really, really good. It seems as time has passed they are not so great anymore. I see more and more CC'ers passing on them than taking them now days.

After 14 cruises I've never gotten a call but it would have to be a really great deal. I book at what I feel is a great deal so to pay more would be cutting into the deal I already got.. I just figure it's money for excursions and my S&S bill.

Archived