FYI Babysitting on Century

williamsk

Just returned home from a cruise on Century. It does seem that something irregular was/ has been going on (told to report to children's club vs. dropping off request at front desk, kind of awkward reception). Perhaps a result of very recent change in procedures? However, if you begin requesting on day 1 and follow up your request with another visit to the kid's club, it is possible to get babysitting for 1-3 year olds. They encourage you to allow them to sit in the children's club, but provide one counselor for a child. You can still have them sit in your room with two sitters.

The kid's club worked fine for us, and while my dd wasn't pleased at the turn of events, we returned to find her happily sitting by her counselor being read to. The counselors themselves seemed to be good with the children.

But... I do not recommend booking the specialty restaurant with the expectation that it will be available. Make sure the sitting is in place first!

So while I believe that previous posters have been denied child care in the past, it does seem to be a viable option.

Archived