I just got my first price drop!

cjb0717

I'm so excited I had to share. I'd been watching this cruise for a while and when they posted a senior rate I booked it on Jan. 31. Just tonight I checked again and a price drop (senior rate was gone). Called RCI and they adjusted my booking instantly. I just saved $240 for the cabin compared to my first booking. Woohoo! :)

I'm so excited I had to share. I'd been watching this cruise for a while and when they posted a senior rate I booked it on Jan. 31. Just tonight I checked again and a price drop (senior rate was gone). Called RCI and they adjusted my booking instantly. I just saved $240 for the cabin compared to my first booking. Woohoo! :)

Congratulations! Enjoy the Navigator.

I am a new member and this is my first post! We are going on FOS in May, and I just love all the tips and info I have rec'd. Best part is the Price Drop I just rec'd. yesterday--saved $152.00. This will be my 5th cruise and have stilled learned a lot of new things.

THANKS!

And don't the price drops make the trip that much sweeter:D I honestly think I've gotten at least one price drop (and in some cases multiple drops) on every cruise I've taken. Since I book at a price I think is fair and affordable, any drop is just icing on the cake:p

I booked our cabin for our Voyager cruise last April. About 5 weeks ago, the price went up $10 per person (go figure:rolleyes:). This morning it dropped $10 back to the original price. So is that technically a price drop. :p

It is for anyone who booked at the highrer rate!! Lol.

To the OP : Well done on that price drop.

I check at least once a day looking for one with no joy so far.... price just keeps going up!

Where are you watching for price drops? If there are similar cabins online at a cheaper price? Do you have to go through the whole enrollment process to check? I booked my cruise online at RCCL...and it is for next Friday. Wondering what I should do to figure out if there is a drop. Do they notify you automatically?

Where are you watching for price drops? If there are similar cabins online at a cheaper price? Do you have to go through the whole enrollment process to check? I booked my cruise online at RCCL...and it is for next Friday. Wondering what I should do to figure out if there is a drop. Do they notify you automatically?

Hi. Welcome to the boards. No, they don't notify you. You have to try a dummy booking out to see the current fare to compare.

Hi. Welcome to the boards. No, they don't notify you. You have to try a dummy booking out to see the current fare to compare.

In addition, OP, since you booked online, you can call Royal Caribbean directly and request the price drop. I have had very good luck with the handling of price drops by RC.

Come join our roll call....it's pretty quiet over there. We also recieved a price drop $400. Yeah!

I've been lurking here a while and learning some great tips. We booked an OS for our upcoming cruise on Apr 12. Original price was $1,487pp and when I checked today it was $1,049pp!! Needless to say I got on the phone right away to RCI and they are giving us an OBC for the difference. I would never have known about it if it wasn't for this great forum. Thanks!!!

Archived