Kids on Board?

V8Babe

Sorry to bring this up and I don't want to start any 'arguments'. I've read lots about children on board and I know every cruise is different but was hoping for information on what people have experienced in the past. We're doing a seven day cruise - Monte Carlo to Rome in July 2011 - yes, I know, the middle of summer. Can anyone who has done something similar, itinerary/time wise - let me know if there were a lot of kids on board given that it's summertime? We didn't even think of this when we booked and I've just been reading on another board about children and I'm hoping we won't be inundated (hope I can say that ;)) I have nothing against children (have one of my own) but don't want to holiday with a bunch of them. We had a couple of kids on our Whisper cruise last September and you hardly knew they were on-board.

Thanks.

These are not kid friendly cruises. I do not believe that I have ever seen more than two children and they were very sophisticated teenagers. Your kids will not enjoy. When kids aren't happy neither are their parents.

I have seen children on Tauck Tours albeit a land option. I have even taken my own kids on them when they were younger.

I was on Silver Cloud last March, around Easter, in the Caribbean, which I would think is not unlike the Med during the summer. I was surprised to find about 10 - 12 kids (most with one large extended family). They were a tad unruly and unfortunately the crew did little, if anything, to "slow them down".

Mark

Archived